Further extension of mammalian GATA-6
Article first published online: 30 NOV 2005
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 47, Issue 9, pages 591–600, December 2005
How to Cite
Maeda, M., Ohashi, K. and Ohashi-Kobayashi, A. (2005), Further extension of mammalian GATA-6. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 47: 591–600. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-169X.2005.00837.x
- Issue published online: 30 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 30 NOV 2005
- Received 8 October 2005; accepted 14 October 2005.
- 2003. GATA-6 is involved in PPARγ-mediated activation of differentiated phenotype in human vascular smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 23, 404–410. , , et al.
- 2000. Transcription factor GATA-6 activates expression of gastroprotective trefoil genes TFF1 and TFF2. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1490, 324–332. , , &
- 2003. GATA- and Smad1-dependent enhancers in the Smad7 gene differently interpret bone morphogenetic protein concentrations. Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 6646–6661. &
- 1999. The human and mouse GATA-6 genes utilize two promoters and two initiation codons. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 38 004–38 016. , , et al.
- 2000. GATA-6 activates transcription of surfactant protein A. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 1043–1049. , , , &
- 2005. Regulation of GATA gene expression during vertebrate development. Cell Dev. Biol. 16, 71–81.
- 1999. Cooperative interaction between GATA-4 and GATA-6 regulates myocardial gene expression. Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 4355–4365. , , , &
- 2002. Defects of the heart, eye, and megakaryocytes in peroxisome proliferator activator receptor-binding protein (PBP) null embryos implicate GATA family of transcription factors. J. Biol. Chem. 277, 3585–3592. , , et al.
- 1991. A liver-enriched transcription activator protein, LAP, and a transcriptional inhibitory protein, LIP, are translated from the same mRNA. Cell 67, 569–579. &
- 1997. Regulated expression of GATA-6 transcription factor in gastric endocrine cells. Gastroenterology 112, 1559–1567. , , , , &
- 2004. GATA-4, GATA-5, and GATA-6 activate the rat fatty acid binding protein gene in concert with HNF-1α. Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 287, G1086–G1099. , , et al.
- 1998. GATA-6 stimulates a cell line-specific activation element in the human lactase promoter. Am. J. Physiol. 274, G314–G324. , &
- 2004. GATA-4 and GATA-6 modulate tissue-specific transcription of the human gene for P450c17 by direct interaction with Sp1. Mol. Endocrinol. 18, 1144–1157. &
- 2003. GATA-4 and GATA-6 transcription factors: expression, immunohistochemical localization, and possible function in the porcine ovary. Biol. Reprod. 66, 616–623. , &
- 2004. Hypermethylation of the GATA genes in lung cancer. Clin. Cancer Res. 10, 7917–7924. , , et al.
- 1997. Expression and hormonal regulation of transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 in the mouse ovary. Endocrinology 138, 3505–3514. , , et al.
- 2001. Epimorphin mediates mammary luminal morphogenesis through control of C/EBPβ. J. Cell Biol. 153, 785–794. , , et al.
- 1997. Molecular cloning of human GATA-6 DNA binding protein: high levels of expression in heart and gut. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1353, 98–102. , , et al.
- 2005. Characterization of cAMP-dependent proteolysis of GATA-6. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 332, 976–981. , , &
- 2003. GATA-6 is expressed in the human adrenal and regulates transcription of genes required for adrenal androgen biosynthesis. Endocrinology 144, 4285–4288. , , &
- 2000. A GATA binding site is involved in the regulation of 15-lipoxygenase-1 expression in human colorectal carcinoma cell line, Caco-2. FEBS Lett. 467, 341–347. , , &
- 2005. Expression of GATA6 in the human and mouse central nervous system. Dev. Brain Res. in press. &
- 1999. Expression and regulation of transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 in developing mouse testis. Endocrinology 140, 1470–1480. , , et al.
- 2003. Transcription factor GATA-6, cell proliferation, apoptosis, and apoptosis-related proteins Bcl-2 and Bax in human fetal testis. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 88, 1858–1865. , , , , &
- 2004. Transcription factor GATA-6 is expressed in the endocrine and GATA-4 in the exocrine pancreas. Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 226, 51–57. , , et al.
- 1999. Reciprocal changes in the expression of transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 accompany adrenocortical tumorigenesis in mice and humans. Mol. Med. 5, 490–501. , , et al.
- 2005. Transcription factor GATA-6, SF-1 and cell proliferation in human adrenocortical tumors. Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 233, 47–56. , , et al.
- 1999. The transcription factor GATA6 is essential for early extraembryonic development. Development 126, 723–732. , , , &
- 1994. Structure and expression of the human GATA3 gene. Genomics 21, 1–6. , , , , &
- 2000. Transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 and a GATA family cofactor, FOG-2, are expressed in human ovary and sex cord-derived ovarian tumors. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 85, 3476–3483. , , et al.
- 2003. The role of GATA in mammalian reproduction. Exp. Biol. Med. 228, 1282–1290.
- 2004. Expression of the GATA-4 and GATA-6 transcription factors in the fetal rat gonad and in the ovary during postnatal development and pregnancy. Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 227, 31–40. , &
- 2005. GATA-6 regulates genes promoting synthetic functions in vascular smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 25, 309–314. , , , &
- 2001. The transcription factors GATA4 and GATA6 regulate cardiomyocyte hypertrophy in vitro and in vivo. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 30 245–30 253. , , , , &
- 2002. GATA-6 and thyroid transcription factor-1 directly interact and regulate surfactant protein-C gene expression. J. Biol. Chem. 277, 4519–4525. , , &
- 1998. Zinc fingers are sticking together. Trends Biochem. Sci. 23, 1–4. &
- 1991. The rat H+/K+-ATPase β subunit gene and recognition of its control region by gastric DNA binding protein. J. Biol. Chem. 266, 21 584–21 588. , , et al.
- 1994. Gastric proton pump (H+/K+-ATPase): Structure and gene regulation through GATA DNA-binding protein(s). J. Biochem. 115, 6–14.
- 1996. Roles of gastric GATA DNA-binding proteins. J. Exp. Biol. 199, 513–520. , , &
- 2005. Isolation of CHO-K1 clones defective in cAMP-dependent proteolysis, as determined by the stability of exogenously expressed GATA-6. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 329, 140–146. , , &
- 2000. The zinc finger-containing transcription factors GATA-4-5, and -6; ubiquitously expressed regulators of tissue-specific gene expression. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 38 949–38 952.
- 2000. Direct activation of a GATA6 cardiac enhancer by Nkx2.5: evidence for a reinforcing regulatory network of Nkx2.5 and GATA transcription factors in the developing heart. Dev. Biol. 217, 301–309. , , , , &
- 1996. GATA-6: a zinc finger transcription factor that is expressed in multiple cell lineages derived from lateral mesoderm. Dev. Biol. 177, 309–322. , , &
- 1998. GATA-6 regulates HNF4 and is required for differentiation of visceral endoderm in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 12, 3579–3590. , , et al.
- 2000. The gene encoding the mitogen-responsive phosphoprotein Dab2 is differentially regulated by GATA-6 and GATA-4 in the visceral endoderm. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 19 949–19 954. , , , , &
- 2000. Cyclin A downregulation and p21 cip1 upregulation correlate with GATA-6-induced growth arrest in glomerular mesangial cells. Circ. Res. 87, 699–704. , , et al.
- 1997. Gastric GATA-6 DNA-binding protein: proteolysis induced by cAMP. FEBS Lett. 408, 301–305. , , , &
- 1997. Transcriptional activation of H+/K+-ATPase genes by gastric GATA binding proteins. J. Biochem. 121, 922–929. , , , &
- 2005 Biol. Pharm. Bull. in press. , , , &
- 2002. The GATA family (vertebrates and invertebrates). Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 12, 328–335. &
- 2003. The NFY transcription factor inhibits von Willebrand factor promoter activation in non-endothelial cells through recruitment of histone deacetylases. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 8385–8394. &
- 1998. GATA-6 induces p21Cip1 expression and G1 cell cycle arrest. J. Biol. Chem. 273, 13 713–13 718. , , , &
- 2005. The roles of GATA-4-5, and -6 in vertebrate heart development. Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 16, 83–94. , , &
- 2005. NCBI Reference Sequence (RefSeq): a curated non-redundant sequence database of genomes, transcripts and proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 33, D501–D504. , &
- 2002. Protein kinase signaling: ‘cross-talk’ with other pathways in endocrine cells. In Protein Kinase A and Human Disease (eds C. A.Stratakis, Y. S.Cho-Chung). Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 968, 256–270. &
- 1986. Amino acid sequence common to rapidly degraded proteins: the PEST hypothesis. Science 234, 364–368. , &
- 1998. Selection of DNA binding sites for human transcriptional regulator GATA-6. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 250, 682–688. , , &
- 2005. Steroid sulfotransferase 2A1 gene transcription is regulated by steroidogenic factor 1 and GATA-6 in the human adrenal. Mol. Endocrinol. 19, 184–197. , , et al.
- 1999. GATA-6 activates transcription of thyroid transcription factor-1. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 2658–2664. , &
- 2002. GATA-6 transcriptional regulation of 15-lipoxygenase-1 during NSAID-induced apotosis in colorectal cancer cells. Cancer Res. 62, 1178–1183. , , et al.
- 2002. A glimpse into the molecular entrails of endoderm formation. Genes Dev. 12, 3809–3814.
- 2000. Upstream regions directing heart-specific expression of the GATA6 gene during mouse early development. J. Biochem. 127, 703–709. , , , , &
- 2004. Regulatory elements directing gut expression of the GATA6 gene during mouse early development. J. Biochem. 135, 165–169. , , &
- 1996. The human GATA 6 gene: structure, chromosomal location, and regulation of expression by tissue-specific and mitogen-responsive signals. Genomics 38, 283–290. , , et al.
- 2004. A unique role of an amino terminal 16-residue region of long-type GATA-6. J. Biochem. 135, 639–650. , , &
- 1992. Sequence motif in control regions of the H+/K+-ATPase α and β subunit genes recognized by gastric specific nuclear protein s). FEBS Lett. 298, 137–141. , , , , &
- 1993. Novel gastric DNA binding proteins recognize upstream sequence motifs of parietal cell-specific genes. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 90, 10 876–10 880. , , &
- 1998. Two forms of type IV zinc-finger motif and their kingdom-specific distribution between the flora, fauna and fungi. Trends Biochem. Sci. 23, 100–102. &
- 1996. A palindromic regulatory site within vertebrate GATA-1 promoters requires both zinc fingers of the GATA-1 DNA-binding domain for high-affinity interaction. Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 2238–2247. , , , , &
- 2000. GATA zinc finger interactions modulate DNA binding and transactivation. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 28 157–28 166. , &
- 2002. Calcineurin-GATA-6 pathway is involved in smooth muscle-specific transcription. J. Cell Biol. 156, 983–991. , , et al.
- 2000. A p300 protein as a coactivator of GATA-6 in the transcription of the smooth muscle-myosin heavy chain gene. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25 330–25 335. , , , , &
- 2002. The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA-6, and Foxa2 in lung epithelium. J. Biol. Chem. 277, 21 061–21 070. , , , &
- 1993. The two zinc finger-like domains of GATA-1 have different DNA binding specificities. EMBO J. 12, 4993–5005. , &
- 2003. The molecular phenotype of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) theca cells and new candidate PCOS genes defined by microarray analysis. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 26 380–26 390. , , et al.
- 2002. GATA6 regulates differentiation of distal lung epithelium. Development 129, 2233–2246. , , , &
- 1997. GATA-6 DNA binding protein expressed in human gastric adenocarcinoma MKN45 cells. FEBS Lett. 414, 333–337. , , , , &
- 2005. GATA6 is essential for embryonic development of the liver but dispensable for early heart formation. Mol. Cell. Biol. 25, 2622–2631. , , , , &
- 2005. Synergistic induction of DOC/DAB2 gene expression in transcriptional cell carcinoma in the presence of GATA6 and histone deacetylase inhibitor. Cancer Res. 65, 6089–6096. , , et al.