Development of the endoderm and gut in medaka, Oryzias latipes
Article first published online: 1 JUN 2006
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 283–295, June 2006
How to Cite
Kobayashi, D., Jindo, T., Naruse, K. and Takeda, H. (2006), Development of the endoderm and gut in medaka, Oryzias latipes. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 48: 283–295. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-169X.2006.00870.x
- Issue published online: 1 JUN 2006
- Article first published online: 1 JUN 2006
- Received 11 July 2005; revised 29 December 2005; accepted 30 December 2005.
- 2005. GATA4, 5 and 6 mediate TGFβ maintenance of endodermal gene expression in Xenopus embryos. Development 132, 763–774. , &
- 1999. A molecular pathway leading to endodermal formation in zebrafish. Curr. Biol. 9, 1147–1157. &
- 1997. Sonic hedgehog directs specialised mesoderm differentiation in the intestine and pancreas. Curr. Biol. 7, 801–804. , &
- 2002. Whole-genome shotgun assembly and analysis of the genome of Fugu rubripes. Science 297, 1301–1310. , , . et al.
- 2001. A crucial component of the endodermal formation pathway, CASANOVA, is encoded by a novel sox-related gene. Genes Dev. 15, 1487–1492. , , et al.
- 2004. A systematic genome-wide screen for mutations affecting organogenesis in Medaka, Oryzias latipes. Mech. Dev. 121, 647–658. , , et al.
- 2000. Endodermal development from patterning to organogenesis. Trend Genet. 16, 124–130. &
- 2003. A cellular framework for gut-looping morphogenesis in zebrafish. Science 302, 662–665. , &
- 1997. Xsox17α and –β mediate endodermal formation in Xenopus. Cell 91, 397–405. , , , &
- 2000. Medakafish as a model system for vertebrate developmental genetics. Bioessays 22, 487–495.
- 2004. Stages of normal development in the medaka Oryzias latipes. Mech. Dev. 121, 605–618.
- 2002. Depletion of definitive gut endoderm in Sox17-null mutant mice. Development 129, 2367–2379. , , et al.
- 2001. casanova encodes a novel Sox-related protein necessary and sufficient for early endodermal formation in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 15, 1493–1505. , , et al.
- 2004. Large-scale isolation of ESTs from medaka embryos and its application to medaka developmental genetics. Mech. Dev. 121, 915–932. , , et al.
- 2000. A genetic screen for mutations affecting embryonic development in medaka fish (Oryzias latipes). Mech. Dev. 97, 133–139. , , et al.
- 2000. Endoderm and Heart Development. Dev. Dyn. 217, 327–342. &
- Medaka Genome Sequencing Project. 2004. UTGB Medaka [database on the Internet]. Cited 30 May 2005 Revision 200406. Available from: http://medaka.utgenome.org/
- 2000. The zinc finger-containing transcription factors GATA-4-5, and – 6. Ubiquitously expressed regulators of tissue-specific gene expression. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 38 949–38 952.
- 1998. Sonic hedgehog expression in developing chicken digestive organs is regulated by epithelial–mesenchymal interactions. Dev. Growth Differ. 40, 67–74. , , , &
- 2000. A detailed linkage map of medaka, Oryzias latipes: comparative genomics and genome evolution. Genetics 154, 1773–1784. , , et al.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. 2004. Homo sapiens (human) genome view [database on the Internet]. Cited 30 May 2005 Build 35 version 1. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mapview/map_search.cgi?chr%20=%20hum_chr.inf%20&%20query/
- 2002. The GATA family (vertebrates and invertebrates). Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 12, 416–422. &
- Pre! Ensembl. 2005. Pre! Ensembl Zebrafish [database on the Internet]. Cited 30 May 2005 Release 31. Available from: http://pre.ensembl.org/Danio_rerio/index.html/
- 1999. Gata5 is required for the development of the heart and endoderm in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 13, 2983–2995. , , , , , &
- 2001. Multiple roles for Gata5 in zebrafish endodermal formation. Development 128, 125–135. , &
- 2000. Molecular Mechanisms of Development of the Gastrointestinal Tract. Dev. Dyn. 219, 109–120.
- 1998. Related Articles, Links Epithelial-mesenchymal signaling during the regionalization of the chick gut. Development. 125, 2791–2801. , , &
- 2001. A novel sox gene, 226D7, acts downstream of Nodal signaling to specify endoderm precursors in zebrafish. Mech. Dev. 107, 25–38. , &
- 1997. The one-eyed pinhead gene functions in mesoderm and endodermal formation in zebrafish and interacts with no tail. Development 124, 327–342. , , , &
- 2002. Molecular regulation of vertebrate early endodermal development. Dev. Biol. 249, 191–203.
- 2002. A glimpse into the molecular entrails of endodermal formation. Gene. Dev. 16, 893–907.
- 1993. Axial, a zebrafish gene expressed along the developing body axis, shows altered expression in Cyclops mutant embryos. Genes. Dev. 7, 1436–1446. , , &
- 2003. Early endodermal development in vertebrates: lineage differentiation and morphogenetic function. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 13, 393–400. , &
- 2003. Unique and conserved aspects of gut development in zebrafish. Dev. Biol. 255, 12–29. &
- 2000. A role for GATA5 in Xenopus endoderm specification. Development 127, 4345–4360. , , , &
- 2002. Medaka-a model organism from the far East. Nat. Rev. Genet. 3, 53–64. , &