Present address: Laboratory for Vertebrate Body Plan, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN Kobe, 2-2-3 Minatojima Minamimachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0047, Japan.
Anterior shift in gene expression precedes anteriormost digit formation in amniote limbs
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 223–234, February 2010
How to Cite
Uejima, A., Amano, T., Nomura, N., Noro, M., Yasue, T., Shiroishi, T., Ohta, K., Yokoyama, H. and Tamura, K. (2010), Anterior shift in gene expression precedes anteriormost digit formation in amniote limbs. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 52: 223–234. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-169X.2009.01161.x
Present address: Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5, Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan.
- Issue published online: 8 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2010
- Received 3 August 2009; revised 24 November 2009; accepted 24 November 2009.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Distal expression of sprouty (spry) genes during Xenopus laevis limb development and regeneration, Gene Expression Patterns, 2014, 15, 1, 61, ,
- 2Tracing the Evolution of Avian Wing Digits, Current Biology, 2013, 23, 12, R538, ,
- 3Evolutionary and Developmental Aspects of Avian-Specific Traits in Limb Skeletal Pattern, Zoological Science, 2012, 29, 10, 631, , , , , , ,
- 4Sex differences in the neurobiology of fear conditioning and extinction: a preliminary fMRI study of shared sex differences with stress-arousal circuitry, Biology of Mood & Anxiety Disorders, 2012, 2, 1, 7, , , , , , , ,
- 5Embryological Evidence Identifies Wing Digits in Birds as Digits 1, 2, and 3, Science, 2011, 331, 6018, 753, , , , ,
- You have free access to this content7
- 8Transcriptomic analysis of avian digits reveals conserved and derived digit identities in birds, Nature, 2011, 477, 7366, 583, , , ,