Mutual repression between Pax3 and Pax6 is involved in the positioning of ophthalmic trigeminal placode in avian embryo
Article first published online: 24 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Author. Development, Growth & Differentiation © 2011 Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 53, Issue 9, pages 994–1003, December 2011
How to Cite
Wakamatsu, Y. (2011), Mutual repression between Pax3 and Pax6 is involved in the positioning of ophthalmic trigeminal placode in avian embryo. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 53: 994–1003. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-169X.2011.01311.x
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 24 NOV 2011
- Received 13 September 2011; revised 2 October 2011; accepted 2 October 2011.
- 2004. Segregation of lens and olfactory precursors from a common territory: cell sorting and reciprocity of Dlx5 and Pax6 expression. Dev. Biol. 271, 403–414. , , &
- 2008. Neural tube derived Wnt signals cooperate with FGF signaling in the formation and differentiation of the trigeminal placodes. Neural Dev. 3, 35. , , , &
- 2001. Early eye development in vertebrates. Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 17, 255–296. &
- 2009. Activation of Pax3 target genes is necessary but not sufficient for neurogenesis in the ophthalmic trigeminal placode. Dev. Biol. 326, 314–326. , , , , , &
- 1998. Dual roles for Pax6: a transcriptional repressor of lens fiber cell-specific beta-crystallin genes. Mol. Cell Biol. 18, 5579–5586. , , &
- 1994. Uchida rat (rSey): a new mutant rat with craniofacial abnormalities resembling those of the mouse Sey mutant. Differentiation 57, 31–38. , , &
- 1999. Pax-5 regulates mid-hindbrain organizer’s activity through an interaction with Fgf8. Dev. Growth Differ. 41, 59–72. , , , , &
- 1992. Embryonic lens induction: shedding light on vertebrate tissue determination. Trends Genet. 8, 349–355.
- 1951. Aseries of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J. Morph. 88, 49–92. &
- 2000. Fate mapping of the mouse prosencephalic neural plate. Dev. Biol. 219, 373–383. , &
- 2001. Pax6 and Sox2 form a co-DNA-binding partner complex that regulates initiation of lens development. Genes Dev. 15, 1272–1286. , , , &
- 2004. Interplay of Pax6 and Sox2 in lens development as a paradigm of genetic switch mechanisms for cell differentiation. Int. J. Dev. Biol. 48, 819–827. , &
- 1984. Differentiation-dependent expression of a chicken δ-crystallin introduced into mouse teratocarcinoma stem cells. EMBO J. 3, 2009–2014. , &
- 2007. Canonical Wnt signaling is required for ophthalmic trigeminal placode cell fate determination and maintenance. Dev. Biol. 11, 392–406. , , , , &
- 2005. A balance of FGF, BMP and WNT signalling positions the future placode territory in the head. Development 132, 4051–4062. , &
- 2000. Pax6 defines the di-mesencephalic boundary by repressing En1 and Pax2. Development 127, 2357–2365. , & .
- 2001. Role of Pax3/7 in the tectum regionalization. Development 128, 4069–4077. , &
- 2008. Essential role for PDGF signaling in ophthalmic trigeminal placode development. Development 135, 1863–1874. &
- 2009. Birth of ophthalmic trigeminal neurons initiates early in the placodal ectoderm. J. Comp. Neurol. 514, 161–173. , &
- 2002. Distinct roles of Sox2, Pax6 and Maf transcription factors in the regulation of lens-specific δ-crystallin enhancer. Genes Cells 7, 791–805. , , , &
- 2002. Extensive cell movements accompany formation of the otic placode. Dev. Biol. 249, 237–254.
- 2004. Early development of the cranial sensory nervous system: from a common field to individual placodes. Dev. Biol. 276, 1–15.
- 2007. The preplacodal region: an ectodermal domain with multipotential progenitors that contribute to sense organs and cranial sensory ganglia. Int. J. Dev. Biol. 51, 447–461.
- 2006. Sox genes regulate type 2 collagen expression in avian neural crest cells. Dev. Growth Differ. 48, 477–486. , , &
- 2002. Pax6 regulates specification of ventral neurone subtypes in the hindbrain by establishing progenitor domains. Development 129, 1327–1338. &
- 1998. Dissection of the transactivation function of the transcription factor encoded by the eye developmental gene Pax6. J. Biol. Chem. 273, 7210–7221. , &
- 1997. Regulation of the neural crest cell fate by N-myc: promotion of ventral migration and neuronal differentiation. Development 124, 1953–1962. , , &
- 1997. Sequential expression and role of Hu RNA-binding proteins during neurogenesis. Development 124, 3449–3460. &
- 2004. Multiple roles of SOX2, a HMG-box transcription factor in avian development. Dev. Dyn. 229, 74–86. , , &
- 2009. Overlapped and differential expression of cAMP-dependent kinase-inhibitor isoforms during avian organogenesis period. Dev. Growth Differ. 51, 707–714.
- 2011. FilaminB is required for the directed localization of cell-cell adhesion molecules in embryonic epithelial development. Dev. Dyn. 240, 149–161. , , &
- 2008. Fine-grained fate maps for ophthalmic and maxillomandibular trigeminal placodes in the chick embryo. Dev. Biol. 317, 174–186. , &