Factors influencing Thai parent–child interaction in a rapidly changing industrial environment
Article first published online: 10 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
International Journal of Nursing Practice
Special Issue: The Journal of Nursing & Human Sciences (JNHS) Special Themed Issue: Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care. Guest Editor: Perri J Bomar
Volume 18, Issue Supplement s2, pages 8–17, July 2012
How to Cite
Chivanon, N. and Wacharasin, C. (2012), Factors influencing Thai parent–child interaction in a rapidly changing industrial environment. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 18: 8–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-172X.2012.02024.x
- Issue published online: 10 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 10 JUL 2012
- Accepted for publication January 2012
- 2Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children. Houston, TX, USA: Mosby Elsevier, 2003., , , .
- 3Mother-infant interaction. In: Bremner G, Fogel A (eds). Infant Development. Oxford: Blackwell, 2004; 265–295., .
- 4NCAS Caregiver/Parent-Child Interaction Feeding Manual. Seattle: NCAST, 1994., .
- 5Value socialization in a bidirectional context. In: Grusec JE, Kuczynski L (eds). Parenting and Children's Internalization of Values. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1997; 23–50., , .
- 6Infant Development, 2nd edn. Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA: Prentice Hall, 1998..
- 72008. Available from URL: http://www.thainhf.org/index.php?module=news&page. Accessed 10 July 2011.. [the national health foundation homepage]. Health Department Found the Decrease of Thai Child Development;
- 82011. Available from URL: http://www.manager.co.th/Qol/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9540000006893. Accessed 10 July 2011.. [manager online homepage]. Health Department Found the Low Intelligence Quotient of Thai Child;
- 9Factors influencing development of children aged one to under six years old. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand 2005; 88: 86–90., , .
- 10Bureau of Policy and Strategy. [homepage on the internet]. Thailand Health Profile Report 2005–2007; 2008. Available from URL: http://www.moph.go.th/ops/thp/index.php?option=com_content. Accessed 10 September 2008.
- 11Child Care in Urban Thailand Choice and Constraint in a Changing Society. Nakhon Pathom, Thailand: Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University, 1992., , , .
- 12Cultural Care Diversity and Universality: A Worldwide Nursing Theory, 2nd edn. Sudbury, MA, USA: Jones and Bartlett Inc, 2006., .
- 13Ethnography in Nursing Research. Thousand Oaks, CA, USA: SAGE, 2000., .
- 14Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 8th edn. Houston, TX, USA: Mosby Elsevier, 2007., .
- 15The Development Child, 6th edn. Illinois, USA: Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, 1994..
- 16Fourth Generation Evaluation. Newbury Park, CA, USA: SAGE, 1989., .
- 17Qualitative Research for Nurses. Oxford: Blackwell Science Ltd, 1996., .
- 18Parent/grandparent-child interactions and their influence on child development. Pacific Rim International Journal of Nursing Research 2011; 15: 305–321., , , .
- 19Sahapat Group. [Sahapat group homepage]. The Saha Group; 2009. Available from URL: http://www.sahapat.co.th/about/02origin.html. Accessed 1 February 2009.
- 20Child Care Patterns among Male Factory Workers in Bangkok. Nakhon Pathom, Thailand: Institute of Population and Social Research, Mahidol University, 1998 (in Thai)., , .
- 21Factors affecting the quality of child rearing of mothers in industrial development area (PhD thesis). Bangkok, Thailand: Mahidol University, 1998..
- 22A comparison of mother-child interaction between adolescent and adult mothers of preschools (PhD thesis). Cleveland, OH, USA: Case Western Reserve University, 1999..