Practical difficulties in the management of hepatitis B in the Asia–Pacific region
Article first published online: 11 JUN 2004
Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Volume 19, Issue 9, pages 958–969, September 2004
How to Cite
MOHAMED, R., DESMOND, P., SUH, D.-J., AMARAPURKAR, D., GANE, E., GUANGBI, Y., HOU, J.-L., JAFRI, W., LAI, C. L., LEE, C.-H., LEE, S.-D., LIM, S. G., GUAN, R., PHIET, P. H., PIRATVISUTH, T., SOLLANO, J. and WU, J.-C. (2004), Practical difficulties in the management of hepatitis B in the Asia–Pacific region. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 19: 958–969. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1746.2004.03420.x
- Issue published online: 10 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 11 JUN 2004
- Accepted for publication 27 November 2003.
- 4Health and Welfare Statistics Association. Trend of national public health. Kosei-No-Shihyo 1997; 44: 433–4.
- 6The Public Health Association of Australia. Hepatitis B vaccination. Policy statements section 11 – Infectious and transmissible diseases. Cited 11 June 2003. Available from URL: http://www.phaa.net.au/policy/HepBF.htm
- 7Asia–Pacific Expert Committee on Hepatitis B Management Meeting, 5–6 April 2002, Sydney Australia.
- 8Viral Hepatitis in China: Seroepidemiological Survey in Chinese Population (Part One: 1992–1995). Beijing: Science and Technology Archives Press, 1997; 39–59., .
- 9Department of Health, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Surveillance of Viral Hepatitis in Hong Kong – 2001 Update Report. Hong Kong: Department of Health, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), December 2002.
- 10Prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection in general population of India. Indian J. Gastroenterol. 2000; 19 (Suppl. 3): L03., , , , , .
- 11Transmission of hepatitis B virus in children: Indian scenario. Indian J. Gastroenterol. 2000; 19 (Suppl. 3): L01., .
- 14Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan. 5% of Pakistani population has hepatitis B. News & Events: A seminar on hepatitis B, April 9 2001. Cited 11 June 2003. Available from URL: http://www.aku.edu/news/seminars/hbpr.shtml
- 17Department of Health, The Executive Yuan, Taiwan, Republic of China. Control of communicable diseases. Section 4, Hepatitis Control, 2000. Cited 16 April 2003. Available from URL: http://www.doh.gov.tw/English/ch5_f.html-section4
- 20World Health Organization. Hepatitis B. Combating Communicable Diseases, 2002. Cited 17 April 2003. Available from URL: http://www.wpro.who.int/pdf/rcm53/rd/01_EPI_2.pdf
- 29The association between virus genotypes and the development of chronic complications of persistent hepatitis B infection. Med. J. Malaysia 2003; 58: B90., , , .
- 35Racial differences in the prevalence of hepatoma in a multiracial south east Asian population. Med. J. Malaysia 1999; 54 (Suppl. 23): D51., , , .
- 38Cancer incidence in Singapore 1993−1997. Singapore Cancer Registry Report no. 5. Singapore: Singapore Cancer Registry, 2000., , , .
- 39International Agency for Research on Cancer. Data from Cancer in Thailand 1988–1991. IARC Technical Report no. 16. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1993.
- 40World Health Organization. WHO vaccine-preventable diseases: monitoring system, 2002 global summary. Vaccines and biologicals, December 2002; WHO/V&B/02.20. Cited 5 May 2003. Available from URL: http://www.who.int/vaccines-documents/GlobalSummary/GlobalSummary.pdf
- 41World Health Organization. Hepatitis B immunization. Introducing Hepatitis B vaccine into national immunization services. Department of Vaccines and Biologicals, October 2001; WHO/V&B/01.28. Cited 5 May 2003. Available from URL: http://www.who.int/vaccines-documents/DocsPDF01/www598.pdf
- 48Consensus statements on the prevention and management of hepatitis B and hepatitis C in the Asia–Pacific region. Core working party for Asia–Pacific consensus on hepatitis B and C. J. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2000; 15: 825–41.
- 55Additional lamivudine therapy after HBeAg seroconversion would prolong the durability of response in HBV endemic area. Hepatology 2001; 34: 332A (Abstract 600)., , et al.
- 57The effects of longer duration of harbouring lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus (YMDD mutants) on liver histology during 3 years lamivudine therapy in Chinese patients. Hepatology 2001; 34: 348A (Abstract 706)., , , .