Asia-Pacific Working Party on Prevention of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Geoffrey C Farrell [Convenor], Australian National University Medical School, The Canberra Hospital, ACT, Australia Henry L-Y Chan [Co-convenor and Secretary], Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Man-Fung Yuen, Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong Deepak N Amarapurkar, Bombay Hospital and Medical Research Center, Mumbai, India Anuchit Chutaputti, Phramongkutklao Hospital, Thailand Jian-Gao Fan, Department of Gastroenterology, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China Jin-Lin Hou, Hepatology Unit, Nanfang Hospital, Guangzhou, China Kwang-Hyub Han, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea Jia-Horng Kao, Hepatitis Research Center, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan Seng-Gee Lim, National University Hospital, Singapore Rosmawati Mohamed, University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Jose Sollano, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines Yoshiyuki Ueno, Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Hepatocellular carcinoma in the Asia pacific region
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Foundation and Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 346–353, March 2009
How to Cite
Yuen, M.-F., Hou, J.-L. and Chutaputti, A. (2009), Hepatocellular carcinoma in the Asia pacific region. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 24: 346–353. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1746.2009.05784.x
- Issue published online: 23 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2009
- Accepted for publication 18 December 2008.
- 1World Health Organization. Mortality Database. WHO Statistical Information System. Cited 1 December 2008. Available from URL: http://www.who.int/whosis
- 4World Health Organization. Fact sheet N297, February 2006. Cited 1 December 2008. Available from URL: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs297
- 5GLOBOCAN 2000: Cancer Incidence, Mortality and Prevalence Worldwide, Version 1.0. Lyon: IARC Press, 2001., , , .
- 9Cancer incidence in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Med. Diary 2007; 12: 18–21., .
- 16Incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma among Indian patients with cirrhosis of liver: an experience from a tertiary care center in northern India. Indian J. Gastroenterol. 2007; 26: 274–8., , et al.
- 17Risk factors analysis for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with and without cirrhosis: a case-control study of 213 hepatocellular carcinoma patients from India. J. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2007; 22: 1104–11., , et al.
- 26Trends in the incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in Singapore 1968-2002. Hepatology 2007; 46 (4 Suppl 1): 418A., , .
- 34Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver (APASL) Hepatitis C Working Party, , et al. Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver consensus statements on the diagnosis, management and treatment of hepatitis C virus infection. J. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2007; 22: 615–33.