MG Sawyer, MB, BS, PhD, FRCPC, FRANZCP, Dip. Child Psych, Associate Professor. C MacMullin, Adv Dip T, ME, PhD, Lecturer. B. Graetz, BA (Hons), Dip T, Research Assistant. JA Said, BA, Dip Soc Sc, MPsychol, Senior Clinical Psychologist. JJ Clark, BA (Hons), Dip Ed, Project Officer. P Baghurst, BSc(Maths), M.Sc, PhD, Principal Research Scientist.
Social skills training for primary school children: A 1-year follow-up study
Article first published online: 10 MAR 2008
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 33, Issue 5, pages 378–383, October 1997
How to Cite
SAWYER, M., MACMULLIN, C., GRAETZ, B., SAID, J., CLARK, J. and BAGHURST, P. (1997), Social skills training for primary school children: A 1-year follow-up study. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 33: 378–383. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1754.1997.tb01624.x
- Issue published online: 10 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 10 MAR 2008
- Accepted for publication 24 February 1997.
- 1Prevalence and sociodemographic correlates of conduct disorder. Am. J. Soc. Psychiatry 1986; 6: 273–8., ,
- 2Deviant children grown up. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore , MD , 1966.
- 6Help starts here. The maladjusted child in the ordinary school. Tavistock Publications, London . 1981., , et al.
- 7Institute of Medicine. Research on children and adolescents with mental behavioral, and developmental disorders: Mobilizing a national initiative. National Academy Press, Washington , 1989.
- 8Dimensions and types of social status: A cross-age perspective. Develop. Psychol. 1982; 18: 557–70., ,
- 9Continuities and changes in children's social status: A five-year longitudinal study. Merrill-Palmer Quart. 1983; 29: 261–82.,
- 12Sibling and peer relationships, in childhood. J. Child Psychol. Psychiatry 1992; 26: 17–41.,
- 14Peer relations and later personal adjustment: Are low accepted children at risk? Psychol. Bulletin 1987: 357–89.,
- 16The Rochester social problem solving program (SPS). A training manual for teachers of 2nd-4th grade children. Primary Mental Health Center of Community Study. Rochester , New York . 1980., , , ,
- 17Social skills training with children and adolescents: A review of the evidence on effectiveness. Ed. Psychol. 1994; 14: 73–82.
- 21Children's social problem-solving skills, behavioural adjustment, and interventions: A meta-analysis evaluating theory and practice. J. Appl. Developmental Psychol 1987; 8: 391–409.,
- 22Assessment of children's social skills: Identifying social situations that are problematic for children at school. [dissertation]. Connecticut : Univ. of Connecticut, 1988.
- 23Children's social competence in peer relations: Sociometric and behavioural assessment. In: WineJD, SymeMD, eds. Social Competence. Guilford , New York , 1981; 125–57.,
- 25Manual for the child behavior checklist and revised child behavior profile. University of Vermont, Department of Psychiatry, Burlington , VT , 1983.,
- 26Manual for the teacher's report and teacher version of the child behavior profile. University of Vermont, Department of Psychiatry, Burlington , VT , 1986.,
- 27SAS Institute Inc. Sas/stat user's guide, version; 6: 4th edn. Sas Institute Inc., Cary , NC , 1989; 2. 846.
- 28Childhood behaviour problems: Discrepancies between reports from children, parents and teachers. [dissertation]. Adelaide ( SA ) : Univ. of Adelaide, 1992.