Bibbulung Gnarneep (‘solid kid’): Causal pathways to poor birth outcomes in an urban Aboriginal birth cohort
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 44, Issue 6, pages 342–346, June 2008
How to Cite
Eades, S., Read, A. W., Stanley, F. J., Eades, F. N., McCaullay, D. and Williamson, A. (2008), Bibbulung Gnarneep (‘solid kid’): Causal pathways to poor birth outcomes in an urban Aboriginal birth cohort. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 44: 342–346. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2008.01306.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Accepted for publication 2 November 2007.
- 4New ways of causal pathways thinking for public health. In: SansonA, ed. Children's Health and Development: New Research Directions for Australia. Melbourne: Australian Institute of Family Studies, 2002; 7–13., , .
- 5Perinatal Statistics in Western Australia: Fourteenth Annual Report of the Western Australian Midwives' Notification System. Perth: Health Department of Western Australia, 1998., .
- 10Causal pathways to the cerebral palsies: a new aetiological model. In: StanleyFJ, BlairE, AlvermanE, eds. The Cerebral Palsies: Epidemiology and Causal Pathways. London: Blackwells, 2000; 40–7., , .
- 11The maternity experiences of indigenous women admitted to an acute care setting. Aust. J. Rural Health 2002; 10: 154–60., , , .Direct Link:
- 12The Health of Aboriginal Australia. Sydney: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Group, 1991., .
- 14The Western Australian Aboriginal Child Health Survey: The Health of Aboriginal Children and Young People. Perth: Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, 2004., , et al.
- 16National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Survey 1994: Housing Characteristics and Conditions. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics, 1996..
- 17The Health and Welfare of Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics, 1997., .
- 18Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission. Bringing Them Home: National Inquiry into the Separation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children from Their Families. Sydney: Sterling Press Pty Ltd, 1997.
- 19Productivity Commission 2003 SCRGSP (Steering Committee for the Review of Government Service Provision). Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage: Key Indicators 2003. Canberra: Productivity Commission, 2003. Available from: http://www.pc.gov.au/gsp/reports/indigenous/keyindicators2003/keyindicators2003.pdf
- 20The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Agenda Working Group (RAWG) of the NHMRC. The NHMRC Road Map: A Strategic Framework for Improving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health through Research and Final Report of Community Consultations on the NHMRC Road Map. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2003.