Funding Sources We would like to acknowledge the financial support provided by the National Health and Medical Research Centre for Clinical Excellence in Renal Medicine, the Financial Markets Foundation for Children, the National Health and Medical Research Council for the first author's Training Scholarship in Indigenous Health Research and a National Health and Medical Research Council project grant.
Cardiovascular risk factors in Australian indigenous and non-indigenous children: A population-based study
Article first published online: 19 JAN 2009
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 45, Issue 1-2, pages 20–27, January/February 2009
How to Cite
Haysom, L., Williams, R. E., Hodson, E. M., Lopez-Vargas, P., Roy, L. P., Lyle, D. M. and Craig, J. C. (2009), Cardiovascular risk factors in Australian indigenous and non-indigenous children: A population-based study. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 45: 20–27. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2008.01426.x
Role of the Funding Source Funding bodies had no role in the study design, data collection, data analysis, data interpretation or writing of the report.
Disclosures There were no competing interests identified in the data collection or writing of this manuscript.
- Issue published online: 19 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 19 JAN 2009
- Accepted for publication 3 June 2008.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Childhood obesity and its physical and psychological co-morbidities: a systematic review of Australian children and adolescents, European Journal of Pediatrics, 2015, 174, 6, 715, , , ,
- You have free access to this content2
- 3Prevalence and Characteristics of Overweight and Obesity in Indigenous Australian Children: A Systematic Review, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 2015, 00, , , , , ,
- 4Cardioembolic Stroke in Children: A Clinical Presentation and Outcome Study, Pediatric Neurology, 2014, 51, 4, 494, , , ,
- 6Early life influences on cardio-metabolic disease risk in aboriginal populations--what is the evidence? A systematic review of longitudinal and case-control studies, International Journal of Epidemiology, 2012, 41, 6, 1661, , , , ,
- 7Fetal, Developmental, and Parental Influences on Cystatin C in Childhood: The Uppsala Family Study, American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 2011, 57, 6, 863, , , , , , , ,