Developing country health in a developed country: Personal perspectives
Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2010 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Special Issue: Special Indigenous Health Issue
Volume 46, Issue 9, pages 549–551, September 2010
How to Cite
Azzopardi, P. and Gray, N. (2010), Developing country health in a developed country: Personal perspectives. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 46: 549–551. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2010.01837.x
- Issue online: 20 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2010
- Accepted for publication 14 January 2010.
- 2Social Determinants of Indigenous Health. Sydney, Australia: Allen & Unwin, 2007., , , .
- 3Is ‘close the gap’ a useful approach to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians? Aust. Rev. Public Aff. 2009; 9: 1–13., , .
- 6United Nations. The Millennium Development Goals Report, 2008. New York: United Nations, 2008.
- 7Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission. Close the gap: Indigenous health equality summit statement of intent. 2008. Available from: http://www.humanrights.gov.au/social_justice/health/statement_intent.html[accessed 3 January 2010.
- 8Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs. Closing the gap on Indigenous disadvantage: the challenge for Australia. 2009. Available from: http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/sa/indigenous/pubs/general/Documents/closing_the_gap/default.htm[accessed 3 January 2010.
- 9Rising to the challenge in Aboriginal health by creating cultural security. Aborig. Isl. Health Work. J. 2001; 31: 22–4..