Universal post-arrival screening for child refugees in Australia: Isn't it time?
Version of Record online: 6 OCT 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2010 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 48, Issue 2, pages 99–102, February 2012
How to Cite
Patradoon-Ho, P. S. and Ambler, R. W. (2012), Universal post-arrival screening for child refugees in Australia: Isn't it time?. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 48: 99–102. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2010.01869.x
- Issue online: 9 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 OCT 2010
- Accepted for publication 27 February 2010.
- 2WHO publication: global burden of tuberculosis in the year 2000. Available from: http://www.who.int/entity/healthinfo/statistics/bod_tuberculosis.pdf[accessed 15 May 2009]..
- 3Ch 16: tuberculosis. In: Jamison DT, Breman JG, Measham AR et al., ed. Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries, 2nd edn. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006; 289–312., .
- 4NSW Health Department Notifiable Diseases Database System (NDD)(HOIST), Communicable Diseases Branch and Epidemiology and Surveillance Branch, NSW Health Department. Tuberculosis notifications in NSW residents. Available from: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/data/diseases/tuberculosis.asp[accessed 15 May 2009].
- 5The Royal Australasian College of Physicians. Towards better health for refugee children and young people in Australia and New Zealand. Available from: http://www.racp.edu.au/page/health-policy-and-advocacy/paediatrics-and-child-health[accessed 6 May 2009].
- 8Anonymous. Tuberculosis. Therapeutic Guidelines: Antibiotic (13th edn.) 2006. Therapeutic Guidelines Limited. Available from: http://www.tg.org.au/index.php?sectionid=41[accessed 15 September 2009].
- 9Isoniazid for preventing tuberculosis in non-HIV infected persons. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 1999; 1: CD001363. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD001363., , , .
- 10Department of Immigration and Citizenship. Health requirement for visa applicants. Available from: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/[accessed 1 February 2010].
- 11Department of Immigration and Citizenship. Settlement reporting facility. Available from: http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/delivering-assistance/settlement-reporting-facility/[accessed 1 February 2010].
- 12Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs. Australia support for humanitarian entrants 2004-05. October 2005 (at the time of print, the Department was re-titled: ‘Department of Immigration and Citizenship’). Available from: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/general/humanitarian-support-2005.htm[accessed 6 May 2009].
- 14Social Determinants of Health – The Solid Facts. Copenhagen, Denmark: World Health Organization, 2003., .