Conflict of interest: None.
Contamination rates of different urine collection methods for the diagnosis of urinary tract infections in young children: An observational cohort study
Article first published online: 26 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2012 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 48, Issue 8, pages 659–664, August 2012
How to Cite
Tosif, S., Baker, A., Oakley, E., Donath, S. and Babl, F. E. (2012), Contamination rates of different urine collection methods for the diagnosis of urinary tract infections in young children: An observational cohort study. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 48: 659–664. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2012.02449.x
Ethics approval: The study was approved by the institutional ethics committee of the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia. No patient consent was obtained as the study was based on retrospectively obtained extant data.
- Issue published online: 6 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2012
- Accepted for publication 23 August 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Aspectos microbiológicos en el diagnóstico de infecciones del tracto urinario, Infectio, 2015, 19, 4, 150, , , ,
- 2Midstream clean-catch urine collection in newborns: a randomized controlled study, European Journal of Pediatrics, 2015, 174, 5, 577, , , , ,
- 3Re: Alan J. Wolfe, Linda Brubaker. “Sterile Urine” and the Presence of Bacteria. Eur Urol 2015;68:173–4, European Urology, 2015,, , ,
- 4Revisión sistemática de la validez de los urocultivos recogidos con bolsa estéril perineal, Anales de Pediatría, 2015,, ,
- 5Urinary tract infection in infants: the significance of low bacterial count, Pediatric Nephrology, 2015,, , , , , ,
- 6Urinary Tract Infections in Children: EAU/ESPU Guidelines, European Urology, 2015, 67, 3, 546, , , , , , ,
- 7Urinary Tract Infections in the Infant, Clinics in Perinatology, 2015, 42, 1, 17, ,
- 9A prospective comparative pilot study comparing the urine collection pad with clean catch urine technique in non-toilet-trained children, International Emergency Nursing, 2014, 22, 2, 94, , ,
- 10Prélèvement d’urines par sondage : le jeu en vaut-il la chandelle ?, Archives de Pédiatrie, 2014, 21, 5, 85, , , ,
- 11Reliable laboratory urinalysis results using a new standardised urine collection device, Clinical Biochemistry, 2013, 46, 13-14, 1252, , , ,
- 12Reply to Letter to the Editor, Pediatric Infectious Disease, 2013, 5, 2, 115, ,