The pathology of methylmercury poisoning (Minamata disease)
The 50th Anniversary of Japanese Society of Neuropathology
Article first published online: 24 MAY 2010
© 2010 Japanese Society of Neuropathology
Volume 30, Issue 5, pages 471–479, October 2010
How to Cite
Eto, K., Marumoto, M. and Takeya, M. (2010), The pathology of methylmercury poisoning (Minamata disease). Neuropathology, 30: 471–479. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1789.2010.01119.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 24 MAY 2010
- Received 18 February 2010 and accepted 8 March 2010; published online 24 May 2010.
- 1Kumamoto University Study Group for Minamata Disease. Historical perspective of study on Minamata disease. In: KutsunaM, ed. Minamata Disease. Kumamoto: Kumamoto Shuhan Publishing Co, 1968; 1–4.
- 2The resolution of the questions of occurrences in Minamata disease (in Japanese). Gendai Kagaku (Chemistry Today) 1998; 323: 60–66..
- 3The Science of Minamata Disease (in Japanese). Tokyo: Nihon Hyoronsha Co., Ltd., 2001., .
- 4The Pathology of Minamata Disease. A Tragic Story of Water Pollution (ed. collaboration by Nakayama H, Sumiyoshi A). Fukuoka: Kyushu University Press Inc., 1999., .
- 6Methylmercury poisoning in common marmosets – MRI findings and peripheral nerve lesions. Toxicol Pathol 2001; 6: 723–734., , et al.
- 7A pathological study of Minamata disease in Japan. Acta Neuroathol 1962; 2: 40–57., , et al.
- 9Outbreak of intoxication by organic compounds in Niigata Prefecture. Jpn J Med Sci Biol 1967; 6: 132–133..
- 10TsubakiT, IrukayamaK, eds. Minamata Disease: Methylmercury Poisoning in Minamata and Niigata, Japan. Tokyo: Kodansha Ltd, 1977.
- 11Pathological and biochemical studies of 30 Niigata autopsy cases related to Minamata disease (in Japanese). Jpn J Hyg 2007; 62: 70–88., , et al.
- 14Pathology of Minamata disease. In: KutsunaM, ed. Minamata Disease. Kumamoto: Kumamoto Shuhan Publishing Co, 1968; 141–256..
- 15An autopsy case on Minamata disease (Methylmercury poisoning) – pathological viewpoints of peripheral nerves. Toxicol Pathol 2001; 6: 714–722., , et al.
- 16Neuropathology of childhood cases of methylmercury poisoning (Minamata disease) with prolonged symptoms, with particular reference to the decortication syndrome. Neurotoxicology 1979; 1: 1–20., , .