Towards an epidemiologic definition of renal disease: Rates and associations of albuminuria in a high-risk Australian Aboriginal community
Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2007
Volume 4, Issue Supplement s2, pages S59–S65, September 1998
How to Cite
HOY, W. E., MATHEWS, J. D., WANG, Z., McCredie, D. A., HAYHURST, B. G., PUGSLEY, D. J., NORMAN, R. J., McFarlane, R., REES, M., KILE, E. and WALKER, K. (1998), Towards an epidemiologic definition of renal disease: Rates and associations of albuminuria in a high-risk Australian Aboriginal community. Nephrology, 4: S59–S65. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1797.1998.tb00474.x
- Issue online: 28 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2007
- 2Northern Territory Health Outcomes, Morbidity and Mortality, 1979–1991. NT Dept Health and Human Services, Darwin , NT , 1995., ,
- 4NT Top End Aboriginal End Stage Renal Disease Data and Projections. Renal Strategy Committee, Territory Health Services, Darwin , NT , 1997.,
- 5Census of Population and Housing, 1991. Aboriginal Community Profiles, Small Area Data. Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra , 1993.
- 6JainSK (ed.) Trends in Mortality: By Causes of Death in Australia, the States and Territories during 1971–1992, and in Statistical Subdivisions during 1991–1992. ABS Catalogue, no. 3313.0. National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health and Australian Bureau of Statistics, 1994.
- 13Microalbuminuria and cardiovascular risk factors in Central Australian Aboriginal communities (Bachelor of Medical Science thesis). Dept Medicine, St Vincent's Hospital, Fitzroy , Vic , Aust., 1995.
- 16Interventions based on microalbuminuria screening and low protein diet in the treatment of kidney disease of diabetes mellitus. Am. J. Kidney Dis. 1989; X111: 41–4.
- 17Consensus Statement. Preventing the kidney disease of diabetes mellitus: Public health perspectives. Am. J. Kidney Dis. 1989; XIII: 2–6.
- 18Urinary albumin excretion in school children. Arch. Dis. Child. 1984; 59: 615–30., , et al
- 20Statistical Package for Interactive Data Analysis, Version 6. Statistical Computing Laboratory, Macquarie University, NSW, Australia , 1992., , ,
- 22Relationships between low birth weight, morbidity and mortality in Aboriginal people (Bachelor of Medical Science thesis). Monash University and the Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin , 1995.
- 25Risk factors for Aboriginal low birth weight, intrauterine growth retardation and preterm births in the Darwin Health Region. Aust. N.Z. J. Public Health 1998 (in press).,
- 29Trends in birth weights and infant weights, and relationships between early undernutrition, skin lesions, streptococcal disease and renal disease in an Australian Aboriginal community (Bachelor of Medical Science thesis). Melbourne University and Menzies School of Health Research, 1996.
- 35Mothers, Babies and Disease In Later Life. BMJ Publishing Group, Tavistock Square, 1994.
- 38Acute endocapillary glomerulonephritis. In: CameronS, DavisonAM, GrunfelJP, KerrD, RitzE (eds) Oxford Textbook of Clinical Nephrology. Oxford University Press, Oxford , 1992.
- 39Response to acute protein load in kidney donor and in apparently normal postacute glomerulonephritis patients: evidence for glomerular hyperfiltration. Lancet 1985; ii: 461–4., ,
- 41Role of intravascular sclerosis in progression of poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis. Clin. Nephrol. 1980; 13: 449–57., , , , ,
- 45Infection-associated glomerulonephritis. In: CameronS, DavisonAM, GrunfelJP, KerrD, RitzE (eds) Oxford Textbook of Clinical Nephrology. Oxford University Press, Oxford , 1992.
- 50Microalbuminuria as a predictor of vascular disease in non-diabetic subjects. Lancet 1988; ii: 530–3., ,
- 51Morphologic correlates of renal disease in a high risk Australian Aboriginal community. In: Proceedings of 32nd Annual Meeting, Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrology, March 58, 1996., , , ,
- 54Does glomerulomegaly mark the susceptibility of high risk populations to renal disease Am. J. Kidney Dis. (Submitted)., , et al.
- 56Glomerular size and the incidence of renal disease in African Americans and Caucasians. J. Nephrol. 1994; 7: 355–8., , et al.