Leveraging nursing research to transform healthcare systems
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2008
© 2008 The author. Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 15, Issue 2, pages 81–82, June 2008
How to Cite
Edwards, N. C. (2008), Leveraging nursing research to transform healthcare systems. Nursing Inquiry, 15: 81–82. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1800.2008.00414.x
- Issue published online: 9 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2008
- 2002. Federally and provincially funded nurses’ research activity and capacity building in Canada in 2002. Ottawa: Health Canada. and .
- 1999. Nursing leadership: Influencing and shaping health policy and nursing practice. Journal of Advanced Nursing 29: 746–53. and .
- 2004. The global shortage of registered nurses: An overview of issues and actions. http://www.icn.ch/global/shortage.pdf (accessed 28 February 2008). and .
- 2005. A report of Commission II: A proposed model for an international collaborative doctorate. International network for doctoral education in nursing. http://www.umich.edu/~inden/taskforce/commssn2.pdf (accessed 6 November 2006). and .
- Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO). 2004. Nursing and midwifery services contributing to equity, access, coverage, quality and sustainability in the health services. Washington, DC: Pan-American Health Organization.
- 2002. Sustainable funding for nursing research in higher education. Nursing Inquiry 9: 219–20. and .
- World Health Assembly. 2006. WHA59.27 Strengthening nursing and midwifery. Paper presented at the Fifty-ninth World Health Assembly, 22–27 May, in Geneva, Switzerland.
- World Health Organization/Europe. 2000. Munich Declaration: Nurses and midwives: A force for health. http://www.euro.who.int/AboutWHO/Policy/20010828_4 (accessed on 28 February 2008).