Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Zarit Caregiver Burden Interview
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 51, Issue 5, pages 281–287, October 1997
How to Cite
ARAI, Y., MD, K. K., HOSOKAWA, T., WASHIO, M., MIURA, H. and HISAMICHI, S. (1997), Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Zarit Caregiver Burden Interview. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 51: 281–287. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.1997.tb03199.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received 19 February 1997; revised 27 March 1997; accepted 22 April 1997.
- 1Ministry of Health and Welfare. Statistics on public Health 1996. Ministry of Health and Welfare. Tokyo , 1996 (in Japanese).
- 2An exploratory study on burden of caregivers for the demented elderly. Jpn. J. Generic Psychiatry 1994; 5: 187–196 (in Japanese).
- 3Arai Y. Ikegami N. Mow will Japan cope with the impending surge of dementia? In: Winblad B. Wimo A. Jonsson B. Karlson G. (eds). John Wiley & Sons, London . 1997.
- 4Health care systems in transition: An overview of Japanese health care systems. J. Public Health Med. 1997: 19.
- 11A comparison of caregivers for elderly stroke and dementia victims. J. Am. Generic Soc. 1992; 40: 896–901., . .
- 13The Memory and Behavior Problems Checklist-1987R and the Burden Interveiw. Pennsylvania University. Philadelphia . 1987.
- 15Methodological Considerations in caregiver intervention and outcome research. In: Zarit SH (ed.). Stress Effects on Family Caregivers of Ahzlcinter's Patients. Springer. New York , 1994; 342–360.
- 18Factors related to burden of caregiving, Rehabilitation 1993; 21: 129–134 on Japanese.
- 21Factors related to health of caregivers for the elderly in need. Jpn. J. Public Health 1992; 39: 777–783 (in Japanese).
- 22Burden and Stress of Caregivers of the Demented Elderly. Tokyo Metropolitan Geriatric Research Institute. Tokyo , 1989 (in Japanese).
- 23Burden of caregivers for the bedridden elderly. Jpn. J. Public Health 1986; 33: 279–284 (in Japanese).,
- 26The CES-D Scale: A self reported depression scale for research in the general population. Appl. Psychol. Meas. 1997; 1: 385–401.
- 27Reliability and validity of CBS-D. Jpn J. Psychiatry 1985; 27: 717–523 (in Japanese).
- 31Reliability and validity of a Japanese version of the Dementia Behavior Disturbance Scale. Jpn J. Geriat. 1993; 10: 835–840 (in Japanese).
- 32Family caregivers and dementia. J. Contemp. Social Work 1986; (Feb.): 119–124.
- 33SPSS Base System. SPSS Inc., Chicago , 1993.
- 34Changing ideas about family care for the elderly in Japan. J. Cross Cultural Gerourology 1993; 8: 119–135.
- 35Daughter-in-law's burden: An exploratory study of caregiving in Japan. J. Cross Cultural Geromotoloy 1993; 8: 97–118.,