Attention deficit hyperactivity symptoms and Internet addiction
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2004
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 58, Issue 5, pages 487–494, October 2004
How to Cite
YOO, H. J., CHO, S. C., HA, J., YUNE, S. K., KIM, S. J., HWANG, J., CHUNG, A., SUNG, Y. H. and LYOO, I. K. (2004), Attention deficit hyperactivity symptoms and Internet addiction. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 58: 487–494. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2004.01290.x
- Issue online: 11 OCT 2004
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2004
- Received 20 October 2003; revised 2 February 2004; accepted 22 February 2004.
- 15% of elementary school students need therapy. Yonhap News (www.Yonhapnews.co.kr) Seoul, Korea [cited 28 August 2003].
- 2A survey of internet, computer, and cyber-addiction in Korea. Ministry of Information and Communication of Republic of Korea, Korea, 2001., , , ,
- 5The relationship between depression and internet addiction. Cyberpsychol. Behav. 1998; 1: 25–28.,
- 7Internet Addiction. Electronic message posted to Research Discussion List. Available from URL: http://www.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/supportgp.html, 1996.
- 9The case study of the preoccupation with video games in children (I). Korean. J. Human Dev. 1998; 4: 1–18 (in Korean).,
- 10Psychopathology of internet addiction. J. Korean Soc. Psychopathology 2000; 9: 16–26 (in Korean)., , , , ,
- 13Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. In: LewisM (ed). Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, A Comprehensive Textbook. Lippincott William and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2002; 647–650.,
- 14The reliability and validity of Korean Parent and Teacher ADHD Rating Scale. J. Kor. Neuropsych. Assoc. 2002; 41: 283–289 (in Korean)., , , ,
- 16K-CBCL. Chung Ang Aptitude Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea, 1997., , ,
- 17Internet addiction test. Available from URL: http://www.netaddiction.com/resources/internet_addiction_test.htm, 1999.
- 182000.Internet Addictive Users’ Communicative Satisfaction in Online and Offline Situation. Dissertation, Graduate School of Korea University, Seoul, Korea,
- 19Patterns of internet addiction in Korea. J Korean soc. Psychopathology 2000; 9: 59–68 (in Korean)., , , , ,
- 202002., , , The correlations between internet addiction and attention deficit-hyperactivity/impulsivity symptoms in Korean high school students. Annual Meeting of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, Seoul, Korea,