Evaluating stigma against mental disorder and related factors
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2004
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 58, Issue 5, pages 558–566, October 2004
How to Cite
TANAKA, G., INADOMI, H., KIKUCHI, Y. and OHTA, Y. (2004), Evaluating stigma against mental disorder and related factors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 58: 558–566. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2004.01300.x
- Issue online: 11 OCT 2004
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2004
- Received 13 January 2004; revised 1 March 2004; accepted 21 March 2004.
- 2World Health Organization (WHO). Mental Health: New Understanding, New Hope. WHO, Geneva, 2001.
- 3US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Mental health: a report of the Surgeon General – Executive summary. Department of Health and Human Services, US Public Health Services, Rockville, MD, 1999.
- 6World Psychiatric Association. Schizophrenia: Open the Doors; The WPA Global Programme Against Stigma and Discrimination Because of Schizophrenia. World Psychiatric Association, 1999. Available from URL: http://www.openthedoors.com
- 7World Psychiatric Association (WPA). Schizophrenia: Open the Doors Training Manual; Global Program Against Stigma and Discrimination Because of Schizophrenia. WPA, New York, 2002a.
- 8World Psychiatric Association (WPA). Global Program Against Stigma and Discrimination Because of Schizophrenia Part 1 & 2. Symposium: XIIth World Congress of Psychiatry, 2002 (Abstract CD-ROM).
- 12Attitudes of the media and the public. In: LeffJ (ed). Care in the Community: Illusion or Reality? pp. 145–163. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester, 1997..
- 13Zenkaren Health and Welfare Research Institute. The Attitude Toward People with Mental Disorders 1997. Zenkaren, Tokyo, 1998 (in Japanese).
- 14The effects of daily contacts with the mentally disabled on the attitude change of general inhabitants around a psychiatric hospital. Jpn. Bull. Soc. Psychiat. 1989; 12: 286–297 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 15The measurement of attitude toward psychiatric disorder. Jpn. J. Clin. Psychiatry 1990; 19: 511–520 (in Japanese)., , .
- 16Statistical Evaluation of QOL. In: IkegamiN, FukuharaS, SimozumaK, IkedaS (eds). Handbook of clinical QOL evaluation. Igakushoin, Tokyo, 2001; 19–29 (in Japanese)., .
- 17Contemporary Attitudes Towards Mental Illness. University of Pittsburgh Press, Pittsburgh, 1974., , .