Assessment of quality of life with the WHOQOL-BREF in a group of Turkish psychiatric patients compared with diabetic and healthy subjects
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2006
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 693–699, December 2006
How to Cite
AKVARDAR, Y., AKDEDE, B. B., ÖZERDEM, A., ESER, E., TOPKAYA, Ş. and ALPTEKIN, K. (2006), Assessment of quality of life with the WHOQOL-BREF in a group of Turkish psychiatric patients compared with diabetic and healthy subjects. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 60: 693–699. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2006.01584.x
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2006
- Received 10 January 2006; revised 6 June 2006; accepted 6 August 2006.
- 1Quality of life and anxiety disorders. Anxiety Dis. 2002; 430: 1–22., , , ,
- 2American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC, 1994.
- 5Quality of life in psychiatry. Eur. Psychiatry 1996; 11: 228–229.
- 6World Health Organization. The ‘newly defined’ burden of mental problems. Available from URL: http://www.who.int/inf-fs/en/fact217.html
- 9Validity of Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test. Aegean Med. J. 1995; 1–2: 15–18 (in Turkish)., , et al.
- 11The validity and reliability of the Turkish version of the positive and negative symptom scale (PANSS). Turkish J. Psychology 1999; 14: 23–32 (in Turkish)., ,
- 14Psychometric properties of the WHOQOL-100 and WHOQOL-BREF. J. Psychiatry Psychol. Psychopharmacol. 1999; 7: 23–40 (in Turkish)., , , , ,
- 24Quality of life in schizophrenia. In : KatschnigH, FreemanH, SartoriusN (eds). Quality of Life in Mental Disorders. JohnWiley and Sons, Chichester, 1997; 165–178.,
- 25World Health Organization. Fact Sheet: The World Health Report 2001. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2001. Available from URL: http://www.who.int
- 26World Health Organization. The World Mental Health Atlas. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2001. Available from URL: http://www.who.int