Do staffing levels determine outcome in psychiatric inpatient care? – Factors related to the ratio of period hospitalized in Japan
Version of Record online: 15 NOV 2006
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 709–717, December 2006
How to Cite
NAWATA, S., YAMAUCHI, K. and IKEGAMI, N. (2006), Do staffing levels determine outcome in psychiatric inpatient care? – Factors related to the ratio of period hospitalized in Japan. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 60: 709–717. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2006.01586.x
- Issue online: 15 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 15 NOV 2006
- Received 23 February 2006; revised 24 April 2006; accepted 14 May 2006.
- 2MHLW. Survey of Medical Care Institutions. Health, Labor and Welfare Statistics Association, Tokyo, 2002.
- 3MHLW. Patient Survey. Health, Labor and Welfare Statistics Association, Tokyo, 2002.
- 4Functional differentiation of psychiatric beds. Hospitals 1999; 58: 642–645 (in Japanese)..
- 5Mental health policy and outcome research. Schizophr. Front. 2002; 3: 239–244 (in Japanese)..
- 7Factors related to long stays in psychiatric hospitals. J. Health Welf. Stat. 2004; 51: 12–19 (in Japanese)..
- 9Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale: Glossaries and Rating Instructions. Department of Psychiatry, Oxford University, Oxford, UK, 1976..
- 11Test-retest reliability of Oxford University version of the Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale (BPRS): a preliminary survey of multicentre collaborative study initiated by the National Institute of Mental Health. Seishin Eisei Kenkyu 1985; 32: 1–15 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 12Oxford version of the BPRS: development and validation of subscales. Arch. Psychiatr. Diagn. Clin. Eval. 1990; 1: 101–107 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 14Classification and Regression Trees. Belmont, Wadsworth International Group, CA, USA, 1984., , et al.
- 15General theory and application of the tree-based models analysis to health care research. J. Jpn Soc. Hosp. Adm. 1996; 33: 255–265 (in Japanese)..
- 16Tree-based models. In : ChambersJM, HastieTJ (eds). Statistical Models in S. Chapman & Hall, New York, 1992., .
- 17The Manual of Psychotropic Drug. Igakushoin, Tokyo, 1998 (in Japanese)..