Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the World Health Organization-Five Well-Being Index in the context of detecting depression in diabetic patients
Version of Record online: 12 JAN 2007
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 61, Issue 1, pages 112–119, February 2007
How to Cite
AWATA, S., BECH, P., YOSHIDA, S., HIRAI, M., SUZUKI, S., YAMASHITA, M., OHARA, A., HINOKIO, Y., MATSUOKA, H. and OKA, Y. (2007), Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the World Health Organization-Five Well-Being Index in the context of detecting depression in diabetic patients. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 61: 112–119. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2007.01619.x
- Issue online: 12 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 12 JAN 2007
- Received 16 June 2006; revised 1 September 2006; accepted 9 September 2006.
- 8Validity of the five-item WHO well-being index (WHO-5) in an elderly population. Eur. Arch. Psychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2001; 251 (Suppl. 2): II27–II31., , , .
- 14State of art procedures for translating, validating and using psychoeducational tests in cross-cultural assessment. School Psychol. Int. 1991; 12: 119–132., .
- 17STAI Manual for the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory. Consulting Psychologists Press, California, 1970., , .
- 20A study on a self-rating depression scale. Psychiatr. Neurol. Jpn 1978; 75: 673–679., .
- 21Temporal validation of validity of self-rating questionnaires: Repeated use of the General Health Questionnaire and Zung’s Self-Rating Depression Scale among women during antenatal and postnatal periods. Acta Psychiatr. Scand. 1994; 90: 446–450., , , .
- 22Studies on psychometric characteristics of depression in the field of internal medicine. Shinshin-Igaku 1982; 22: 107–112 (in Japanese)., .
- 23Usefulness of a Japanese version of the Mini-Mental State test in neurological patients. Jpn J. Neuropsychol. 1985; 1: 82–89 (in Japanese)., , .
- 26Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I Disorders. Biometric Research Department, New York, 1997., , , .
- 27The Manual for Psychiatric Diagnostic Interview. Structured Clinical Interview For DSM-IV Axis I Disorders. Nihon Hyoron-sha, Tokyo, 2002 (in Japanese)..
- 28A Theory and Procedure of Scale Analysis. Mouton, Paris, 1971..
- 32World Health Organization. World Health Organization Info Package: Mastering Depression in Primary Care. WHO, Regional Office of Europe, Psychiatric Research Unit, Frederiksborg, 1998.