Japanese midwives as psychiatric diagnosticians: Application of criteria of DSM-IV mood and anxiety disorders to case vignettes
Article first published online: 28 APR 2007
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 226–233, June 2007
How to Cite
YAMASHITA, H., ARIYOSHI, A., UCHIDA, H., TANISHIMA, H., KITAMURA, T. and NAKANO, H. (2007), Japanese midwives as psychiatric diagnosticians: Application of criteria of DSM-IV mood and anxiety disorders to case vignettes. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 61: 226–233. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2007.01659.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2007
- Received 23 January 2006; revised 8 February 2007; accepted 11 February 2007.
- 1Postpartum depression: A comprehensive review. In : KumarR, BrockingtonIF (eds). Motherhood and Mental Illness 2: Causes and Consequences. Wright, London, 1988; 17–63., .
- 10Effectiveness of antenatal education about postnatal depression: A comparison of two groups of Japanese mothers. J. Ment. Health 1998; 7: 191–198., , , , .
- 13American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn. American Psychiatric Association, Washington DC, 1994.
- 14DSM-III-R Case Book. A Learning Comparison to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 3rd edn, revised. Igaku Shoin, Tokyo, 1990 (in Japanese)..
- 15Neurotic disorders in childbearing women. In : BrockingtonIF, KumarR (eds). Motherhood and Mental Illness. Academic Press, London, 1982; 71–118..
- 18Epidemiology of psychiatric disorders in Japan. In : NakaneY, RadfordM (eds). Images in Psychiatry: Japan. World Psychiatric Association, Paris, 1999; 37–46., , , , .
- 23Sousateki shindankijun no shinraisei to sono mondaiten: shoureiyoushihou ni yoru kenkyuuyoushindankijun no hyouteishakan shinraido kentei [Reliability and problems of operational diagnostic criteria: Case vignette study on the inter-rater reliability of the Research Diagnostic Criteria]. Clin. Psychiatry 1987; 29: 273–378 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 24Shinrigakusha ni yoru seishinkashindan no shoueiyoushihou ni yoru shinraidokentei: seishinkai tono hikaku [Case vignette reliability study on psychologists' psychiatric diagnosis]. J. Clin. Psychiatry 1988; 17: 1081–1087., , et al.