Emotional distress and its correlates among parents of children with pervasive developmental disorders
Version of Record online: 7 DEC 2007
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 61, Issue 6, pages 651–657, December 2007
How to Cite
YAMADA, A., SUZUKI, M., KATO, M., SUZUKI, M., TANAKA, S., SHINDO, T., TAKETANI, K., AKECHI, T. and FURUKAWA, T. A. (2007), Emotional distress and its correlates among parents of children with pervasive developmental disorders. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 61: 651–657. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2007.01736.x
- Issue online: 7 DEC 2007
- Version of Record online: 7 DEC 2007
- Received 26 March 2007; revised 23 July 2007; accepted 30 July 2007.
- 1Parenting stress, child behavior problems, and dysphoria in parents of children with autism, Down syndrome, behavior disorders, and normal development. Exceptionality 1991; 2: 97–110., , , .
- 10Differences in stress and coping for mothers and fathers of children with Asperger's syndrome and nonverbal learning disorders. Pediatr. Nurs. 2002; 28: 565–570..
- 15Furukawa TA, Kawakami N, Saitoh M et al. The performance of the Japanese version of the K6 and K10 in the World Mental Health Survey Japan. Int. J. Methods Psychiatr. Res. (in press).
- 19Manual for the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, 3rd edn. Psychological Corporation, San Antonio, TX, 1991..
- 20The Japanese Version of Manual for the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, 3rd edn. Nihon Bunka Kagakusha, Tokyo, 1998 (in Japanese)..
- 21The Manual for Kyoto Scale Psychological Development 2001. Kyoto International Social Welfare Exchange Centre, Kyoto, 2002 (in Japanese)., , .
- 22Reliability and Validity of the Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)–Autism Society Japan Rating Scale (PARS): A behavior checklist for adolescent and adults with PDDs. Clin. Psychiatry (Seishin-Igaku) 2006; 48: 495–505 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 23American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn, DSM-IV. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC, 1994.
- 24Twelve-month prevalence, severity, and treatment of common mental disorders in communities in Japan: Preliminary finding from the World Mental Health Japan Survey 2002–2003. Psychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2005; 59: 441–452., , et al.