Reliability and validity of a Japanese version of the Cambridge depersonalization scale as a screening instrument for depersonalization disorder
Article first published online: 30 MAR 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 63, Issue 3, pages 314–321, June 2009
How to Cite
Sugiura, M., Hirosawa, M., Tanaka, S., Nishi, Y., Yamada, Y. and Mizuno, M. (2009), Reliability and validity of a Japanese version of the Cambridge depersonalization scale as a screening instrument for depersonalization disorder. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 63: 314–321. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2009.01939.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 30 MAR 2009
- Received 28 March 2008; revised 23 October 2008; accepted 23 December 2008.
- 1American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder, 4th edn. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC, 2000.
- 3Dissociative disorders (hysterical neurosis, dissociative type). In : Kaplan HI, Sadock BJ. (eds). Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry/5, 5th edn, Vol. 1. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, MD, 1989; 1028–1044..
- 4[Depersonalization.] In : Doi T, Kasahara M, Miyamoto T, Kimura B (eds). [Abnormal psychology Vol.4 Neurosis and psychosis.] Misuzu Shobo, Tokyo, 1987; 212–253 (in Japanese)..
- 5[Depersonalization.] In : Uezima K (ed.). [New approaches for psychiatric treatment Vol.3: Neurotic disorders and stress related disorders.] MEDICAL VIEW, Tokyo, 2005; 137–142 (in Japanese)..
- 13[Escape from existence: The classification of depersonalized experiences and the relationship between depersonalization and avoidance.] Jpn. J. Pers. 2007; 15: 362–365 (in Japanese)., , .
- 14[Measuring pathological dissociation with the Dissociative Experience Scale.] Jpn. J. Clin. Psychiatry 2004; 33 (Suppl.): 293–307 (in Japanese)..
- 15World Health Organization. The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioral Disorders. Clinical Descriptions and Diagnostic Guidelines. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1992.
- 16[Depersonalization.] In : Marushita M (ed.). [Encyclopedia of Clinical Psychiatry], Vol. 1. Nakayama-Shoten, Tokyo, 1998; 196–207 (in Japanese)..
- 17Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Dissociative Disorders-Revised (SCID-D-R). American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC, 1994.,
- 19Dissociative disorders in Japan: A pilot study with the dissociative experience scale and a semi-structured interview. Dissociation 1996; 6: 182–189., , , .
- 20[On the measurement of dissociative experience: Development of the dissociative experience scale with a population of Japanese university students.] Tukuba Psychol. Res. 1992; 14: 171–178 (in Japanese)., .
- 27[A study on self-rating depression scale.] Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 1973; 75: 673–679 (in Japanese)., .
- 28Dissociative Disorder: Psychopathology of the Phenomenon; ‘I Feel Someone Behind Me’.] CHIKUMA SHOBO, Tokyo, 2007 (in Japanese)..
- 29Melancholia: Clinical survey of depressive state. J. Ment. Sci. 1934; 80: 277–378..
- 31[Clinical usefulness of Japanese version of Maudsley obsessional–compulsive inventory in obsessive–compulsive disorders.] Clin. Psychiatry 1995; 37: 291–296 (in Japanese)., , , , .
- 32Phenomenological Psychopathology of Self-Integrated Consideration of Ego, Space and Time.] CHIKUMA SHOBO, Tokyo, 2006 (in Japanese)..