Randomized clinical comparison of perospirone and risperidone in patients with schizophrenia: Kansai Psychiatric Multicenter Study
Version of Record online: 13 APR 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 63, Issue 3, pages 322–328, June 2009
How to Cite
Okugawa, G., Kato, M., Wakeno, M., Koh, J., Morikawa, M., Matsumoto, N., Shinosaki, K., Yoneda, H., Kishimoto, T. and Kinoshita, T. (2009), Randomized clinical comparison of perospirone and risperidone in patients with schizophrenia: Kansai Psychiatric Multicenter Study. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 63: 322–328. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2009.01947.x
- Issue online: 14 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 13 APR 2009
- Received 30 March 2008; revised 12 January 2009; accepted 19 January 2009.
- 4Clinical evaluation of a new antipsychotic, perospirone HCl, on schizophrenia: A comparative double-blind study with haloperidol. Rinsho Hyoka 1997; 24: 159–205 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 5Clinical evaluation of a serotonin-2 and dopamine-2 receptor antagonist (SDA), perospirone HCl, on schizophrenia: A comparative double-blind study with mosapramine HCl. Rinsho Hyoka 1997; 24: 207–248 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 7Clinical evaluation of perospirone in outpatients: Comparison with risperidone. Jpn. J. Clin. Psychopharmacol. 2003; 6: 895–904..
- 8Clinical evaluation of long term SDA administration to outpatients with schizophrenia: Perospirone and risperidone. Seishin Igaku (Clin. Psychiatry) 2006; 48: 1229–1231., , .
- 10The circadian changes in dopamine-2 receptor blockade of perospirone or risperidone. The serum prolactin response as the index. Jpn. J. Clin. Psychopharmacol. 2004; 7: 1511–1517., , .
- 11World Health Organization. The International Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders: Diagnostic Criteria for Research. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1993.
- 13Dose equivalence of psychotropic drugs. Part 4. Dose equivalence of orally administered neuroleptics (4). Rinsho Seishin Yakuri 1998; 1: 443–448 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 15Expert Consensus Panel for Optimizing Pharmacologic Treatment of Psychotic Disorders. The expert consensus guideline series. Optimizing pharmacologic treatment of psychotic disorders. Introduction: Methods, commentary, and summary. J. Clin. Psychiatry 2003; 64 (Suppl. 12): 5–19., , , ,