Attitudes of Japanese psychiatrists toward forensic mental health as revealed by a national survey
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences © 2011 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 150–157, March 2011
How to Cite
Haraguchi, T., Fujisaki, M., Shiina, A., Igarashi, Y., Okamura, N., Fukami, G., Shiraishi, T., Nakazato, M. and Iyo, M. (2011), Attitudes of Japanese psychiatrists toward forensic mental health as revealed by a national survey. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 65: 150–157. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2010.02180.x
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2011
- Received 21 August 2009; revised 14 November 2010; accepted 28 November 2010.
- 4Rippo to Chousa (Serial online). 2007; 264, House of Councilors, The National Diet of Japan..
- 5A nationwide questionnaire survey of medical experts in mental health evaluation. Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 2009; 111: 10–23 (in Japanese)., , .
- 7Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. Ishi Shikaishi Yakuzaishi Chousa [National survey of physicians, dentists, and pharmacists in 2006]. 2006. [Cited 20 June 2007]. Available from URL: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/saikin/hw/ishi/06/index.html (last accessed 15 December 2010) (in Japanese).
- 8Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. Enforcement status of the MTS Act. 2008.
- 9Significance of pre-indictment psychiatric evaluation after enforcement of the medical treatment observation law. Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 2006; 108: 502–509 (in Japanese)..
- 10Preliminary reports on psychiatric practice in correctional facilities. Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 2004; 106: 1539–1582 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 11Questionnaire survey on the utilization of forensic psychiatric evidence in criminal proceedings. Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 2002; 104: 158–167 (in Japanese)., , .
- 12A questionnaire survey on judgment of criminal responsibility. Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 2005; 107: 437–455 (in Japanese)., , , , , .
- 15Current status and the tasks of forensic psychiatry in Kagoshima prefecture, Japan. Jpn. J. Clin. Psychiatry 2007; 35: 1083–1091 (in Japanese)., , , , , .