Comparison of the clinical features of rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder in patients with Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophy
Article first published online: 20 APR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences © 2011 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 264–271, April 2011
How to Cite
Nomura, T., Inoue, Y., Högl, B., Uemura, Y., Yasui, K., Sasai, T., Namba, K. and Nakashima, K. (2011), Comparison of the clinical features of rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder in patients with Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophy. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 65: 264–271. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2011.02201.x
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2011
- Received 11 August 2010; revised 15 December 2010; accepted , 21 January 2011.
- 2American Academy of Sleep Medicine. REM sleep behavior disorder. In : International Classification of Sleep Disorders: Diagnostic and Coding Manual, 2nd edn. American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Westchester, 2005; 148–152.
- 7REM behavior disorder (RBD): Delayed emergence of parkinsonism and/or dementia in 65% of older men initially diagnosed with idiopathic RBD, and an analysis of the minimum & maximum tonic and/or phasic electromyographic abnormalities found during REM sleep. Sleep 2003; 26: A316., , .
- 13Parkinson's Disease Society Brain Bank, London: Overview and research. J. Neural. Transm. 1993; 39 (Suppl.): S165–S172., .
- 17A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages in Human Subjects. U.S. Government Printing Office, National Institute of Health Publication, Washington DC, 1968., .
- 18American Sleep Disorders Association. Manuals of the scoring of sleep and associated events. Rules, technology, and technical specifications, 2007; 42–43.
- 19The official World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM) standards for recording and scoring periodic leg movements in sleep (PLMS) and wakefulness (PLMW) developed in collaboration with a task force from the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group (IRLSSG). Sleep Med. 2006; 7: 175–183., , et al.
- 20Monitoring respiratory and cardiac function. In : KrygerM, RothT, DementW (eds). Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine, 3rd edn. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, 2000; 1217–1230..
- 21The Report of an American Academy of Sleep Medicine Task Force. Sleep-related breathing disorders in adults: Recommendations for syndrome definition and measurement techniques in clinical research. Sleep 1999; 22: 667–689.
- 22American Sleep Disorders Association. EEG arousals: Scoring rules and examples: A preliminary report from the Sleep Disorders Atlas Task Force of the American Sleep Disorders Association. Sleep 1992; 15: 173–184.