Mental health status of Japanese-Brazilian children in Japan and Brazil
Article first published online: 20 APR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences © 2011 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 226–232, April 2011
How to Cite
Kondo, S., Otsuka, K., Sawaguchi, G. T., Miyasaka, L. S., Honda, E. T., Nakamura, Y. and Kato, S. (2011), Mental health status of Japanese-Brazilian children in Japan and Brazil. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 65: 226–232. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2011.02202.x
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2011
- Received 19 November 2009; revised 5 November 2010; accepted , 22 January 2011.
- 1Burajiru nihon imin 100 shunen to 2 seikime no nippaku kankei no tenbo. Burajiru tokuho 2008; 1585: 1–3 (in Japanese)..
- 2Invisible Residents – Japanese Brazilians vis-á-vis the State, the Market and the Immigrant Network. The University of Nagoya Press, Nagoya, 2005 (in Japanese)., , .
- 3Ministry of Justice. Immigration Control Report in 2007. Immigration Bureau of Japan, Tokyo, 2008.
- 4Zainichi Burajirujin no kyoiku to hoiku – Gunmaken Ota/Oizumi chiku wo jirei toshite. Akashi Shoten Co., Ltd, Tokyo, 2003 (in Japanese).(ed.).
- 6Psychosocial risk factors for mental disorders among Japanese-Brazilians in Japan. Jpn. Bull. Soc. Psychiat. 2005; 14: 45–54 (Japanese)., , et al.
- 8Mental health survey on the Japanese-descended Brazilians in Japan. Jpn. Bull. Soc. Psychiat. 1998; 7: 165–172 (in Japanese)., , , , .
- 9Cultural adaptation and mental health among Brazilians of Japanese descent living in Japan. Jpn. Bull. Soc. Psychiat. 2001; 10: 149–158 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 10Mental disorders among Japanese-Brazilians in Japan: Relationships to pre-migration and acculturative factors. Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 2003; 105: 28–35 (in Japanese)., , , , .
- 11Depression among immigrants to Japan – A mental health survey of Japanese-Brazilians. Jpn. Bull. Soc. Psychiat. 2000; 9: 163–170 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 12Influence of relationship between duration of residence in Japan and degree of adaptation on the mental health status of Japanese-Brazilian immigrants. Jpn. Bull. Soc. Psychiat. 2002; 10: 253–260 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 14The association between acculturation to Japan life and psychosomatic distress among Japanese-Brazilian children: From the survey in five public schools in two cities of Aichi Prefecture. Jpn. J. School Health 2005; 46: 628–647 (in Japanese)..
- 15A study into mental health of Japanese-Brazilian children – Through an analysis of risk factors in their school life. Psyche Cult. 2004; 3: 67–72 (in Japanese)..