Factors influencing suicidal ideation among Japanese adults: From the national survey by the Cabinet Office
Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences © 2011 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 65, Issue 5, pages 468–475, August 2011
How to Cite
Aiba, M., Matsui, Y., Kikkawa, T., Matsumoto, T. and Tachimori, H. (2011), Factors influencing suicidal ideation among Japanese adults: From the national survey by the Cabinet Office. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 65: 468–475. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2011.02228.x
- Issue published online: 18 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
- Received 10 July 2010; revised 24 March 2011; accepted 15 April 2011.
- 1Cabinet Office, Government of Japan. White Paper on Suicide Prevention. Author, Tokyo, 2008.
- 3Development of the suicide ideation scale for Japanese and a study of the factors related to suicide ideation. Jpn. J. Couns. Sci. 1998; 31: 247–258 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 6Resilience and guilt feeling: predicting factors of suicidal ideation. J. Jpn. Clin. Psychol. 2008; 25: 625–635 (in Japanese)., , .
- 7World Health Organization. Country reports and charts available. 2009 [Cited 28 Sep 2009.] Available from URL: http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide/country_reports/en/index.html (last accessed 5 May 2011).
- 8Clinical Manual for Assessment and Treatment of Suicidal Patients. American Psychiatric Publishing, Washington, DC, 2005., .
- 12Research on the realities of information service about suicide on web site. Research report on the realities of suicide and prevention strategies . 2003; 211–219 (in Japanese)., .
- 13Research on the realities of site related to suicide. Research report on the suicide prevention based on trend . 2005 (16 screens). [Cited 1 Oct 2009.] Available from URL: http://ikiru.ncnp.go.jp/ikiru-hp/report/ueda16/ueda16-19.pdf (in Japanese) (last accessed 5 May 2011)., , , , .
- 15User characteristics of suicide preventive information service on the internet and an effect of browsing the contents on users' suicidal ideation: comparison between minors and adults. Suicide Prev. Crisis Interv. 2010; 30: 23–30 (in Japanese)..
- 20The internet and its potential influence on suicide. Psychiatr. Bull. 1999; 23: 449–451..