Development of the Psychiatric Nurse Job Stressor Scale (PNJSS)
Version of Record online: 17 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences © 2011 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 65, Issue 6, pages 567–575, October 2011
How to Cite
Yada, H., Abe, H., Funakoshi, Y., Omori, H., Matsuo, H., Ishida, Y. and Katoh, T. (2011), Development of the Psychiatric Nurse Job Stressor Scale (PNJSS). Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 65: 567–575. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2011.02258.x
- Issue online: 17 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 17 OCT 2011
- Received 27 September 2010; revised 26 June 2011; accepted 20 July 2011.
- 9Workplace stress among psychiatric nurses: Prevalence, distribution, correlates, and predictors. J. Psychosoc. Nurs. Ment. Health Serv. 2003; 41: 32–41., , .
- 10Equipping nurses with psychiatric mental health nursing skills for the 21st century. Hu Li Za Zhi 2005; 52: 5–10 (abstract; in Chinese)., , .
- 13Japanese Nursing Association. 2005nenndo Shinsotsu Kangoshokuin No Nyushokugo Soukirishoku Boushitaisaku Houkokusho. Japanese Nursing Association Press, Tokyo, 2006 (in Japanese).
- 14Statistics and Information Department Minister's Secretariat Minister of Health, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Heisei 19nen Iryoushisetsuchousa (Doutaichousa) Byouinhoukoku (Zenkokuhen) Joukan. Health and Welfare Statistics Association Press, Tokyo, 2009 (in Japanese).
- 16The job stressor experienced by hospital nurses. Jpn J. Health Psychol. 1998; 11: 64–72 (in Japanese)., , , , , .
- 18Current state of research on occupational stress of psychiatric nurses and insight into its future. J. UOEH 2010; 32: 265–272 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 20The descriptive study about assertive community treatment (ACT) for psychiatric patients in Japan. Bull. Kumamoto Univ. School Health Sci. 2010; 6: 85–98 (in Japanese)., , , , .
- 21World Health Organization. Mental Health Atlas. WHO, Geneva, 2005.
- 23Stressor among nurses in a psychiatric department: Comparison between acute and recuperation wards. J. UOEH 2009; 31: 293–303 (in Japanese)., , , , .
- 24Occupational stress and effects on psychiatric nurses. Nihon Seishin Hoken Kangogaku Zasshi 2009; 18: 1–9 (in Japanese)..
- 25Causal relationship of burnout to medical accident among psychiatric nurses. J. Jap. Acad. Nurs. 2005; 25: 31–40 (in Japanese)..
- 26The relation between work-related environment stressors and stress reaction of psychiatric word nurses. Nihon Kangokenkyugakkai Zasshi 2002; 25: 73–84 (in Japanese)., , .
- 27What impedes discharge support for persons with schizophrenia in psychiatric hospitals? Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 2008; 110: 1007–1022 (in Japanese)., , .
- 28Perceiving risks of violence and clinical judgment by nurses in psychiatric acute ward. Nihon Seishinhoken Kangogaku Zasshi 2007; 16: 12–22 (in Japanese)..
- 29Situational conflict of psychiatric nurses in the university hospital: From the interview investigation to nurses. Nihon Seishinhoken Kangogaku Zasshi 2007; 16: 60–66 (in Japanese)., , .
- 30Nurses dilemma on patients' restrain with psychiatric problems. Nihon Seishinhoken Kangogaku Zasshi 2006; 15: 32–40 (in Japanese)., .
- 31The study of nursing intervention skills for patients' violence and aggressive behavior in psychiatric hospitals. Nihon Seishinhoken Kangogaku Zasshi 2007; 16: 1–11 (in Japanese)..
- 32Relationships between the characteristic of nurses working at psychiatric ward and their mental health status. Toyama IkaYakka Daigaku Kangogakkaishi 2004; 5: 19–28 (in Japanese)., .
- 33The clinical judgment of psychiatric nurses on the patients in seclusion room: Focused on the factors influence the clinical judgment. J. Aomori Univ. Health Welf. 2004; 6: 9–18 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 36The job stress questionnaire. Sangyo Seishin Hoken 2004; 12: 25–36 (in Japanese)., .
- 38Study of items in a support program that nursing managers can use for the purpose of promoting adaptation of novice nurses. Univ. Hyogo CNAS RINCPC Bull. 2009; 16: 97–110 (in Japanese)..
- 39SPSS for Windows Step by Step: A Simple Guide and Reference, 11.0 update, 4th edn. Allyn and Bacon, Boston, MA, 2003., .
- 40Health Measurements Scales. A Practical Guide to Their Use. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1995., .
- 42Evaluating the fit of structural equation models: Tests of significance and descriptive goodness-of-fit measures. Methods Psychol. Res. Online 2003; 8: 23–74. Available from URL: http://www.dgps.de/fachgruppen/methoden/mpr-online/issue20/art2/mpr130_13.pdf., , .