Present address: Department of Botany, University of Otago, P.O. Box 56, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand.
Sporogenic and vegetative tissues of Saccharina latissima (Laminariales, Phaeophyceae) exhibit distinctive sensitivity to experimentally enhanced ultraviolet radiation : photosynthetically active radiation ratio
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2011
© 2011 Japanese Society of Phycology
Volume 59, Issue 4, pages 221–235, October 2011
How to Cite
Holzinger, A., Di Piazza, L., Lütz, C. and Roleda, M. Y. (2011), Sporogenic and vegetative tissues of Saccharina latissima (Laminariales, Phaeophyceae) exhibit distinctive sensitivity to experimentally enhanced ultraviolet radiation : photosynthetically active radiation ratio. Phycological Research, 59: 221–235. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1835.2011.00620.x
Communicating editor: J. West.
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2011
- Received 19 April 2011; accepted 14 June 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Ocean acidification modulates the response of two Arctic kelps to ultraviolet radiation, Journal of Plant Physiology, 2015, 173, 41, , , ,
- 2Stress physiology and reproductive phenology of Arctic endemic kelp Laminaria solidungula J. Agardh, Polar Biology, 2015,,
- 3The effect of ultraviolet radiation on cellular ultrastructure and photosystem II quantum yield of Alaria esculenta (L.) Greville from Spitsbergen (Norway), Polar Biology, 2015,, , , ,
- 5Effects of Ultraviolet Radiation (UVA+UVB) on Young Gametophytes of Gelidium floridanum: Growth Rate, Photosynthetic Pigments, Carotenoids, Photosynthetic Performance, and Ultrastructure, Photochemistry and Photobiology, 2014, 90, 5, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 6Effects of UV-B radiation on growth rates, pigment content and ultrastructure of red (wild type), greenish-brown and green strains ofGracilaria birdiae(Gracilariales, Rhodophyta), European Journal of Phycology, 2014, 49, 2, 197, ,
- 7Photoacclimation Responses of the Brown Macroalga Sargassum Cymosum to the Combined Influence of UV Radiation and Salinity: Cytochemical and Ultrastructural Organization and Photosynthetic Performance, Photochemistry and Photobiology, 2014, 90, 3, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 8Changes in Phenolic Compounds and Cellular Ultrastructure of Arctic and Antarctic Strains of Zygnema (Zygnematophyceae, Streptophyta) after Exposure to Experimentally Enhanced UV to PAR Ratio, Microbial Ecology, 2013, 65, 1, 68, , , ,
- 9Interactive effects of UV radiation and enhanced temperature on photosynthesis, phlorotannin induction and antioxidant activities of two sub-Antarctic brown algae, Marine Biology, 2013, 160, 1, 1, , ,
- 10Photosynthetic characteristics and UV stress tolerance of Antarctic seaweeds along the depth gradient, Polar Biology, 2013, 36, 9, 1319, ,