Varenicline for smoking cessation: A placebo-controlled, randomized study
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Asian Pacific Society of Respirology
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 384–392, April 2009
How to Cite
WANG, C., XIAO, D., CHAN, K. P. W., POTHIRAT, C., GARZA, D. and DAVIES, S. (2009), Varenicline for smoking cessation: A placebo-controlled, randomized study. Respirology, 14: 384–392. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1843.2008.01476.x
Conflict of interest: Pfizer Inc. funded the study and was involved with its design, analysis and writing the manuscript. All authors had complete access to all relevant data. Dahlia Garza and Simon Davies are employees of Pfizer Inc., and therefore hold shares in the company. Editorial support was provided by Aideen Young, PhD, of UBC Scientific Solutions and funded by Pfizer Inc. None of the other authors hold shares in any companies. Chen Wang and Dan Xiao are affiliated with the WHO Collaborating Centre for Tobacco or Health. WHO had no role in the study's funding, design, analysis or write-up.
- Issue published online: 29 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2009
- Received 8 May 2008; invited to revise 13 June 2008, 8 September 2008; revised 15 August 2008, 17 September 2008; accepted 18 September 2008 (Associate Editor: Ian Yang).
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.