The Authors: Professor Nanshan Zhong is an Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, Medical Professor of Guangzhou Medical College and a PhD tutor of respiratory medicine. His research interests are in bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic cough, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and high-pathogenic avian flu. He is also the Editor in Chief of the Journal of Thoracic Disease. Professor Guangqiao Zeng, MD, is currently a consultant physician at the State Key Laboratory of Respiratory Disease (SKLRD), First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College. He was a specialist in urology and since the 2003 SARS epidemics, has joined Professor Nanshan Zhong as scientific assistant. He is also the editorial director of the Journal of Thoracic Disease and has an active role on the Editorial Board of several Chinese medical publications. Professor Baoqing Sun is currently the assistant to the Director of the State Key Laboratory of Respiratory Diseases in China. She graduated from Guangzhou Medical College in 1992 and later finished her Master's degree in Hospital Administration jointly offered by Nankai University of China and Flinders University of South Australia. She was a visiting scholar to the University of Hong Kong in 2002 and to ALK-Abelló (Demark) Allergy Research Center in 2005. Her interests are in research and teaching of clinical immunology.
INVITED REVIEW SERIES: TRANSLATING RESEARCH INTO PRACTICE†
Non-smoking-related chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A neglected entity?
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Respirology © 2012 Asian Pacific Society of Respirology
Volume 17, Issue 6, pages 908–912, August 2012
How to Cite
ZENG, G., SUN, B. and ZHONG, N. (2012), Non-smoking-related chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A neglected entity?. Respirology, 17: 908–912. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1843.2012.02152.x
SERIES EDITORS: JOHN E HEFFNER AND DAVID CL LAM
- Issue online: 29 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 FEB 2012 01:49PM EST
- Received 3 October 2011; invited to revise 11 October 2011; revised 17 January 2012; accepted 20 January 2012.
- 2Lung transplant in end-staged chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients: a concise review. J. Thorac. Dis. 2010; 2: 111–16., , et al.
- 3Autonomic dysfunction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). J. Thorac. Dis. 2010; 2: 215–22., .
- 4Effect of upper extremity exercise in people with COPD. J. Thorac. Dis. 2010; 2: 223–36., , .
- 30Prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among stable chronic disease subjects in primary care in Trinidad, West Indies. J. Thorac. Dis. 2011; 3: 177–82., , et al.
- 45World Health Organization. 26 September 2011. Tackling the global clean air challenge. [Accessed 27 September 2011.] Available from URL: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2011/air_pollution_20110926/en/index.html
- 46World Health Organization. September 2011. Urban outdoor air pollution database. [Accessed 27 September 2011.] Available from URL: http://www.who.int/entity/phe/health_topics/outdoorair/databases/OAP_database_8_2011.xls
- 52Occupational social class, educational level and area deprivation independently predict plasma ascorbic acid concentration: a crosssectional population based study in the Norfolk cohort of the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer (EPIC-Norfolk). Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 2004; 58: 1432–5., , et al.