Children's and adolescents' understanding of their small ventricular septal defects
Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Pediatrics International © 2012 Japan Pediatric Society
Volume 54, Issue 6, pages 824–828, December 2012
How to Cite
Lok, S. W. and Menahem, S. (2012), Children's and adolescents' understanding of their small ventricular septal defects. Pediatrics International, 54: 824–828. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-200X.2012.03736.x
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 OCT 2012 03:36AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 19 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 JAN 2012
- 2The incidence of congenital heart disease. JACC. 2002; 39: 1891–1900., .
- 3The incidence of congenital heart disease in Gothenburg. Proc. Assoc. Euro. Ped. Cardiol. 1969; 5: 2–8..
- 14Developmental stages in children's conceptions of illness. In: GC Stone , F Cohen , NR Adler , eds. Health Psychology – A Handbook. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA, 1979; 285–301., .
- 15Association between knowledge of disease, depression and anxiety, social support, sense of coherence and optimism with health related quality of life in an ambulatory sample of adolescents with heart disease. Cardiol. Young. 2012; (in press)., , , .
- 16What do adult patients with congenital heart disease know about their disease, treatment and prevention of complications? A call for structured patient education. Heart 2001; 56: 74–80., , et al.
- 17Flexible Bodies Tracking Immunity in American Culture – from the Days of Polio to the Age of AIDS. Beacon, Boston, 1994..
- 18A Therapeutic Perspective: The Use of Drawings in Child Psychoanalysis and Social Science. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA, 2001..
- 21Children's images of health. In: Petersen A , Waddell C (eds). Health Matters: A Sociology of Illness, Prevention and Care. Allen and Unwin, Sydney, 1998; 128–140., .
- 22It makes you bald: children's knowledge and beliefs about health and cancer prevention. Health Educ. 1996; 96: 8–15., , .
- 25Improving patients' understanding, recall, satisfaction and compliance. In: Broome A (ed). Health Psychology. Chapman and Hall, London, 1989; 74–102., .
- 27Development of a DVD to educate parents about their child's heart condition. Heart Lung Circ. 2011; 20: 2–3. Abst., , .
- 29Illness understanding in adults with congenital heart disease. Ital. Heart J. 2005; 6: 895–899., , et al.
- 30Psychology – The Science of Behaviour. 5th edn. Needham Heights, Allyn and Bacon, 1997., .