Associations participating in the Joint Research Group: The Japanese Circulation Society, The Japanese College of Cardiology, Japan Pediatric Society, Japanese Society of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, The Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery.
Guidelines for diagnosis and management of cardiovascular sequelae in Kawasaki disease
Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2005
Volume 47, Issue 6, pages 711–732, December 2005
How to Cite
JAPANESE CIRCULATION SOCIETY joint research group (2005), Guidelines for diagnosis and management of cardiovascular sequelae in Kawasaki disease. Pediatrics International, 47: 711–732. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-200x.2005.02149.x
*Group Leader: Kensuke Harada, Department of Pediatrics, Nihon University School of Medicine. Advisor: Hirohisa Kato, The Cardiovascular Research Institute, Kurume University. Group members: Teiji Akagi, Cardiac Care Unit, Okayama University, Kensuke Karasawa, Department of Pediatrics, Nihon University School of Medicine, Soichiro Kitamura, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, National Cardiovascular Center, Tsutomu Saji, 1st Department of Pediatrics, Toho University, Atsuko Suzuki, Department of Pediatrics, Tokyo Teishin Hospital, Kiyoshi Baba, Department of Pediatrics, Kurashiki Central Hospital, Hisayoshi Fujiwara, Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University. Collaborators: Mamoru Ayusawa, Department of Pediatrics, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tomoo Okada, Department of Pediatrics, Nihon University School of Medicine, Shunichi Ogawa, Department of Pediatrics, Nippon Medical School, Hirotaro Ogino, Department of Pediatrics, Kansai Medical University, Kazuhiko Nishigaki, Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University. This English language document is a digest version of the guidelines for diagnosis and management of cardiovascular sequelae in Kawasaki disease reported at the Japanese Circulation Society joint research group performed in 2001–2002 (Circulation Journal 2003; 67: Suppl. IV: 1111–1174). It is published with permission from the Japanese Circulation Society.
ACE, angiotensin converting enzyme; AN, aneurysm; ARB, angiotensin receptor blocker; ATP, adenosine triphosphate; BMIPP, betamethyl-iodophenyl-pentadecanoic acid; CABG, coronary artery bypass grafting; CFR, coronary flow reserve; CK, creatine kinase; CT, computed tomography; EF, ejection fraction; FFRmyo, myocardial fractional flow reserve; FS, fraction shortening; Ga, gallium; H-FABP, heart-type fatty acid-binding protein; HDL, high-density lipoprotein; ICT, intracoronary thrombolysis; ISDN, isosorbide dinitrate; IVUS, intravascular ultrasound; LDL, low-density lipoprotein; MIBG, metaiodobenzylguanidine; MLC, myosin light chain; MRA, magnetic resonance angiography; MRI, magnetic resonance imaging; PCI, percutaneous coronary intervention; PDE, phosphodiesterase; PET, positron emission tomography; SPECT, single photon emission computed tomography; Tc, technetium; Tl, thallium; TnT, troponin T; t-PA, tissue plasminogen activator.
- Issue online: 21 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2005
- Received 5 February 2005; accepted 13 July 2005.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.