Influence of hot flashes on quality of life in patients with prostate cancer treated with androgen deprivation therapy
Article first published online: 16 SEP 2004
International Journal of Urology
Volume 11, Issue 9, pages 735–741, September 2004
How to Cite
NISHIYAMA, T., KANAZAWA, S., WATANABE, R., TERUNUMA, M. and TAKAHASHI, K. (2004), Influence of hot flashes on quality of life in patients with prostate cancer treated with androgen deprivation therapy. International Journal of Urology, 11: 735–741. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-2042.2004.00896.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 16 SEP 2004
- Received 29 August 2003; accepted 17 Februarry 2004.
- 1Studies on prostate cancer. Effect of castration, estrogen and androgen injection on serum phosphatases in metastatic carcinoma of the prostate. Cancer Res. 1941; 1: 293–7., .
- 3Androgen blockade: monotherapy and quality-of-life issues. In: VogelzangNJ, ScardinoPT, ShipleyWU, CoffeyDS (eds). Comprehensive Textbook of Genitourinary Oncology, 2nd edn. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, 2000; 824–34., .
- 4Description of the hot flash: sensations, meaning and change in frequency across time. In: NotelovitzM, KeepPV (eds). The Climacteric in Perspective: Proceedings of the Fourth International Congress on the Menopause. MTP Press Limited, Lancaster, UK, 1986; 259–69., , .
- 12Japanese Urological Association and the Japanese Pathological Society. General Rule for Clinical and Pathological Studies on Prostatic Cancer, 3rd edn. Kanehara, Tokyo, 2001; 95–7.
- 19Clinical evaluation of hot flushes developing during endocrine therapy for prostate carcinoma. Jpn J. Urol. 2003; 94: 614–20., , .
- 26Prostate-specific antigen decline after withdrawal of low-dose megestral acetate. J. Clin. Oncol. 2001; 13: 1087–8., .