Raymond Mjadwesch is a consulting ecologist based in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales (26 Keppel Street, Bathurst, NSW 2795, Australia; Tel. +61 (0) 2 6331 5858; Email: email@example.com). He has worked extensively in survey, monitoring and management of the butterfly since 1997. Simon Nally managed the Purple Copper Butterfly recovery programme between 1998 and 2005 for the then New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service. This article was prepared to communicate the methods and implications of this relocation project to others involved in the conservation and restoration of native species and habitats.
Emergency relocation of a Purple Copper Butterfly colony during roadworks: Successes and lessons learned
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
© 2008 Ecological Society of Australia
Ecological Management & Restoration
Volume 9, Issue 2, pages 100–109, August 2008
How to Cite
Mjadwesch, R. and Nally, S. (2008), Emergency relocation of a Purple Copper Butterfly colony during roadworks: Successes and lessons learned. Ecological Management & Restoration, 9: 100–109. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-8903.2008.00400.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!