The Djelk Rangers have found CyberTracker to be an efficient, cost-effective, user-friendly and versatile data collection and management tool that can empower land and sea managers to engage in local, regional and national environmental decision making. This outline of its use in the Djelk Indigenous Protected Area in central Arnhem Land, Australia, shows how this ranger group have pioneered methodology to collect geo-referenced data of all its operational activities. The data capabilities and successful uptake of this technology by the Djelk Rangers demonstrate its potential as a tool for other Indigenous groups and its relevance to a broad environmental audience.
CyberTracker: An integral management tool used by rangers in the Djelk Indigenous Protected Area, central Arnhem Land, Australia
Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2011
© 2011 Ecological Society of Australia
Ecological Management & Restoration
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 13–25, April 2011
How to Cite
Ansell, S. and Koenig, J. (2011), CyberTracker: An integral management tool used by rangers in the Djelk Indigenous Protected Area, central Arnhem Land, Australia. Ecological Management & Restoration, 12: 13–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-8903.2011.00575.x
- Issue online: 28 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!