EcoFire is a strategic regional prescribed burning programme covering 5 million hectares of the Kimberley, Western Australia. It is based on a unique partnership of landholders, private conservation and government agencies. The project is causing a shift from regular, extensive, uncontrolled fires in the mid-to-late dry season, to early dry season fires that are smaller and less intense, thus improving habitat quality and the availability of unburnt vegetation across the landscape.
EcoFire: restoring the biodiversity values of the Kimberley region by managing fire
Article first published online: 24 JUL 2011
© 2011 Ecological Society of Australia
Ecological Management & Restoration
Volume 12, Issue 2, pages 84–92, August 2011
How to Cite
Legge, S., Murphy, S., Kingswood, R., Maher, B. and Swan, D. (2011), EcoFire: restoring the biodiversity values of the Kimberley region by managing fire. Ecological Management & Restoration, 12: 84–92. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-8903.2011.00595.x
- Issue published online: 24 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 24 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!