Why optometry must work from urban and regional Aboriginal Health Services
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Clinical and Experimental Optometry © 2012 Optometrists Association Australia
Clinical and Experimental Optometry
Volume 95, Issue 6, pages 615–617, November 2012
How to Cite
Anjou, M. D., Boudville, A. I. and Taylor, H. R. (2012), Why optometry must work from urban and regional Aboriginal Health Services. Clinical and Experimental Optometry, 95: 615–617. doi: 10.1111/j.1444-0938.2012.00805.x
- Issue published online: 29 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 JUN 2012
- Harold Mitchell Foundation
- Ian Potter Foundation
- Greg Poche AO
- The University of Melbourne
- 1The prevalence and causes of vision loss in Indigenous Australians: the National Indigenous Eye Health Survey. Med J Aust 2010; 192: 312–318., , , , , .
- 2The Roadmap to Close the Gap for Vision: Full Report. Melbourne: Indigenous Eye Health Unit, Melbourne School of Population and Health, The University of Melbourne, ISBN 978073404756 4, 2012., , , .
- 3Location and segregation: the distribution of the indigenous population across Australia's urban centres. Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research, Working Paper No 53/2009. Canberra: The Australian National University, 2009..
- 4Australian Bureau of Statistics. Projected Population, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, Remoteness Areas, 2006–2021. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2009.
- 6Burden of disease and injury in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples: the Indigenous health gap. Int J Epidemiol 2009; 38: 477–479., , , , .
- 7Access to Eye Health Services Among Indigenous Australians: An Area Level Analysis. Melbourne: Indigenous Eye Health Unit and Centre for Health Policy, Programs and Economics, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, ISBN 978 0 7340 4173 9, 2010., , , , .
- 9Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health services report 2009–10: OATSIH Services Reporting—key results. Canberra: AIHW; 2011.
- 10Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework 2010 report: Victoria. Canberra 2011; Available from: <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=10737420738>.[Accessed December 7, 2011]
- 11Australian Bureau of Statistics. The Health and Welfare of Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. ABS catalogue no 47040. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2010.
- 12Health care access for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People living in urban areas, and related research issues: a review of the literature / Margaret Scrimgeour, David Scrimgeour: Casuarina, NT: Cooperative Research Centre for Aboriginal Health 2008., .
- 15Opening Doors Through Partnerships: Practical approaches to developing genuine partnerships that address Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community needs Melbourne: Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care, 2012..