Joint first authors.
Variation in rates of hip and knee joint replacement in Australia based on socio-economic status, geographical locality, birthplace and indigenous status
Article first published online: 16 SEP 2010
© 2010 The Authors. ANZ Journal of Surgery © 2010 Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
ANZ Journal of Surgery
Volume 81, Issue 1-2, pages 26–31, January/February 2011
How to Cite
Dixon, T., Urquhart, D. M., Berry, P., Bhatia, K., Wang, Y., Graves, S. and Cicuttini, F. M. (2011), Variation in rates of hip and knee joint replacement in Australia based on socio-economic status, geographical locality, birthplace and indigenous status. ANZ Journal of Surgery, 81: 26–31. doi: 10.1111/j.1445-2197.2010.05485.x
Sources of support: DU was supported by a Monash Senior Research Fellowship.
T. Dixon BMath/BSc(Hons), MAppStats; D. M. Urquhart BPhysio(Hons), PhD; P. Berry BBioMedSci(Hons); K. Bhatia MSc, PhD; Y. Wang MMed, MD, PhD; S. Graves MBBS, DPhil; F. M. Cicuttini MSc, MBBS, FRACP, PhD.
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 16 SEP 2010
- Accepted for publication 17 December 2009.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Education Attainment is Associated With Patient-reported Outcomes: Findings From the Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2014, 472, 6, 1868, , , , , ,
- 2Electronic health databases for epidemiological research on joint replacements: considerations when making cross-national comparisons, Annals of Epidemiology, 2014, 24, 9, 660, , , , ,
- 3Factors influencing regional variability in the rate of total knee arthroplasty, The Knee, 2014, 21, 1, 236, , , , ,
- 6The pathway to orthopaedic surgery: a population study of the role of access to primary care and availability of orthopaedic services in Ontario, Canada, BMJ Open, 2014, 4, 7, e004472, , ,
- 8Trends and geographical variation of primary hip and knee joint replacement in Germany, Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2013, 21, 2, 279, , , , , , ,
- 9Access to self-management education, conservative treatment and surgery for arthritis according to socioeconomic status, Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology, 2012, 26, 5, 561, ,
- 10Cross-sectional analysis of association between socioeconomic status and utilization of primary total hip joint replacements 2006–7: Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, 2012, 13, 1, 63, , , , , , , , ,
- 11Determinants of demand for total hip and knee arthroplasty: a systematic literature review, BMC Health Services Research, 2012, 12, 1, 225, , , , ,
- 12Social determinants and osteoarthritis outcomes, Aging Health, 2012, 8, 4, 413, , , ,