Funding: The study was supported by a Project Grant from the National Heart Foundation of New Zealand and the Cardiovascular Ultrasound Laboratory has received financial support from the New Zealand Lotteries Board. K. K. P. is the recipient of a postgraduate scholarship from the National Heart Foundation of New Zealand. J. B. S. was supported by the Douglas Goodfellow Medical Research Fellowship, the Auckland Medical Research Foundation and the Green Lane Research and Educational Fund.
Role of echocardiographic left ventricular mass and carotid intima-media thickness in the cardiovascular risk assessment of asymptomatic patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2010
© 2011 The Authors. Internal Medicine Journal © 2011 Royal Australasian College of Physicians
Internal Medicine Journal
Volume 41, Issue 5, pages 391–398, May 2011
How to Cite
Poppe, K. K., Whalley, G. A., Somaratne, J. B., Keelan, S., Bagg, W., Triggs, C. M. and Doughty, R. N. (2011), Role of echocardiographic left ventricular mass and carotid intima-media thickness in the cardiovascular risk assessment of asymptomatic patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Internal Medicine Journal, 41: 391–398. doi: 10.1111/j.1445-5994.2010.02305.x
Conflict of interest: None.
- Issue published online: 23 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JUL 2010 12:00AM EST
- Received 8 April 2010; accepted 8 June 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!