Funding: T. D. Vreugdenburg received support from a Faculty of Health Sciences divisional scholarship and an Adelaide Health Technology Assessment supplementary scholarship from the University of Adelaide.
Pre-market approval and post-market direct-to-consumer advertising of medical devices in Australia: a case study of breast cancer screening and diagnostic devices
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2013
© 2011 The Authors; Internal Medicine Journal © 2011 Royal Australasian College of Physicians
Internal Medicine Journal
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 53–58, January 2013
How to Cite
Vreugdenburg, T. D., Willis, C. D., Mundy, L. and Hiller, J. E. (2013), Pre-market approval and post-market direct-to-consumer advertising of medical devices in Australia: a case study of breast cancer screening and diagnostic devices. Internal Medicine Journal, 43: 53–58. doi: 10.1111/j.1445-5994.2011.02625.x
C. D. Willis received support from the Health Care in the Round Capacity Building Grant, National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia (Project ID 565501).
Conflict of interest: None.
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 OCT 2011 12:15PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAY 2011
- University of Adelaide
- Health Care in the Round Capacity Building Grant
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia. Grant Number: 565501
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.