Time to bring down the twin towers in poor Aboriginal hospital care: addressing institutional racism and misunderstandings in communication
Article first published online: 26 JAN 2012
© 2011 The Authors. Internal Medicine Journal © 2011 Royal Australasian College of Physicians
Internal Medicine Journal
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 17–22, January 2012
How to Cite
Durey, A., Thompson, S. C. and Wood, M. (2012), Time to bring down the twin towers in poor Aboriginal hospital care: addressing institutional racism and misunderstandings in communication. Internal Medicine Journal, 42: 17–22. doi: 10.1111/j.1445-5994.2011.02628.x
- Issue published online: 26 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 26 JAN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 OCT 2011 12:16PM EST
- Received 8 December 2010; accepted 15 September 2011.
- 3The Marmot Review: Fair Society, Healthy Lives. London: The Marmot Review; 2010; ISBN 978–0–9564870–0–1., , , , , et al.
- 4Outliers: The Story of Success. New York: Little, Brown and Company; 2008..
- 5The impact of racism on Indigenous health in Australia and Aotearoa: towards a research agenda. Discussion paper No 4. Darwin: Cooperative Research Centre for Aboriginal Health; 2008., , .
- 9The Health and Welfare of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People. Canberra: AIHW, ABS; 2008; Report No.: ABS Catalogue 4704.0; AIHW Catalogue No. IHW 21., .
- 10Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care and general practice. In: West C, ed. General Practice in Australia 2004. Canberra: Australian Government, Department of Health and Ageing; 2005; 303–36., .
- 11Ways Forward: National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health Policy National Consultancy Report. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia; 1995., .