Funding: R. Mannion is funded by the National Institute for Health Research UK for various research projects. J. Braithwaite is funded by the Australian Research Council for various projects, and the National Health and Medical Research Council for a NHMRC program grant in patient safety, grant number 568612.
Unintended consequences of performance measurement in healthcare: 20 salutary lessons from the English National Health Service
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Internal Medicine Journal © 2012 Royal Australasian College of Physicians
Internal Medicine Journal
Volume 42, Issue 5, pages 569–574, May 2012
How to Cite
Mannion, R. and Braithwaite, J. (2012), Unintended consequences of performance measurement in healthcare: 20 salutary lessons from the English National Health Service. Internal Medicine Journal, 42: 569–574. doi: 10.1111/j.1445-5994.2012.02766.x
Conflict of interest: None.
- Issue published online: 23 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2012
- Received 6 June 2011; accepted 12 August 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.