How do we manage venous thromboembolism in pregnancy? A retrospective review of the practice of diagnosing and managing pregnancy-related venous thromboembolism at two major hospitals in Australia and New Zealand
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors; Internal Medicine Journal © 2012 Royal Australasian College of Physicians
Internal Medicine Journal
Volume 42, Issue 10, pages 1104–1112, October 2012
How to Cite
Chan, N., Merriman, E., Hyder, S., Woulfe, T., Tran, H. and Chunilal, S. (2012), How do we manage venous thromboembolism in pregnancy? A retrospective review of the practice of diagnosing and managing pregnancy-related venous thromboembolism at two major hospitals in Australia and New Zealand. Internal Medicine Journal, 42: 1104–1112. doi: 10.1111/j.1445-5994.2012.02863.x
Conflict of interest: None.
- Issue published online: 10 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 JUL 2012 02:15AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 NOV 2011
- 3Saving mothers' lives: reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer: 2006–2008. The Eighth Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. BJOG 2011; 118: 1–203., , , , , et al.
- 8National Coding Centre. The Australian Version of the International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM). Sydney: University of Sydney; 1996.
- 9Epidemiology of pregnancy-associated venous thromboembolism: a population-based study in Canada. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2009; 31: 611–620., , , , , et al.
- 17Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) [homepage on the Internet]. London (UK): reducing the risk of thrombosis and embolism during pregnancy and the puerperium. Green-top Guideline No. 37. [updated 2009]; [cited 2011 Sep 1]. Available from URL: http://www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/GTG37aReducingRiskThrombosis.pdf
- 24Department of Health [homepage on the Internet]. Melbourne (Australia): Consultative Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity. Births in Victoria 2007 and 2008. [updated Jan 2011];cited 2011 September 1]. Available from URL: http://docs.health.vic.gov.au/docs/doc/A1D52F0C89124D42CA25789D00016CE5/$FILE/HS1216_births_in_vic_07_08_WEB%20FINAL.pdf