Richard Gray, RN, BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, FEANS.
Enhancing medication adherence in people with schizophrenia: An international programme of research
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 Australian College of Mental Health Nurses Inc.
International Journal of Mental Health Nursing
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 36–44, February 2010
How to Cite
Gray, R., White, J., Schulz, M. and Abderhalden, C. (2010), Enhancing medication adherence in people with schizophrenia: An international programme of research. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 19: 36–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1447-0349.2009.00649.x
Jacquie White, RN, BSc (Hons), PGCert.
Michael Schulz, RN, MNSc, PhD.
Christoph Abderhalden, RN, MNSc.
Authors contributions: All authors wrote and presented the symposium. RG and JW co-authored the paper. All authors edited and agreed to the final submission.
Report of a symposium presented at the first HORATIO: European festival of Psychiatric Nursing, St George's Bay, Malta. 5th–9th November 2008.
Declaration of interest: JW and RG declare receipt of funding and/or fees from the following UK companies: AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Bristol–Myers Squibb, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Eli Lilly & Co., and Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. RG also received funding and/or fees from Pfizer Inc. CA received a grant for an investigator-initiated trial by Astra Zeneca Switzerland.
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2010
- Accepted August 2009.
This article has been cited by:
- 2A Dynamic Cycle of Familial Mental Illness, Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 2014, 35, 12, 948, , , ,
- 6Effect of a System-Oriented Intervention on Compliance Problems in Schizophrenia: A Pragmatic Controlled Trial, Schizophrenia Research and Treatment, 2014, 2014, 1, , ,
- 8Nurses’ views about unlicensed and off-license medicines in forensic mental health, The Journal of Forensic Practice, 2014, 16, 3, 194, , ,
- 9A modified Drug Attitude Inventory used in long-term patients in sheltered housing, European Neuropsychopharmacology, 2013, 23, 10, 1296, , , , ,
- 11The effects of an adherence therapy approach in a secure forensic hospital: a randomised controlled trial, Journal of Forensic Psychiatry & Psychology, 2013, 24, 4, 458, , ,
- 12The effects of medication-management training on clinicians' understanding and clinical practice in Hong Kong, Nurse Education Today, 2013, 33, 9, 969, , ,
- 13What effect will pharmacogenomics have on mental health nursing?, Neuropsychiatry, 2013, 3, 3, 309, ,
- 14Do Patients With Schizophrenia Distinguish Between Attitudes Toward Antipsychotic Medication and Pharmacotherapy in General?, The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 2012, 200, 1, 33, , , , , ,
- 17Systematic review on factors associated with medication non-adherence in Parkinson's disease, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2012, 18, 10, 1053, , , ,
- 20The use of carer assisted adherence therapy for people with Parkinson's disease and their carers (CAAT-PARK): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial, Trials, 2011, 12, 1, 251, , , , , , , ,
- 21Therapieadhärenz bei Schizophrenie-Patienten, Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, 2011, 7, 3, 98, , , , , , , , , , , ,