A special analysis of television and race was conducted by Josephine Holz, a doctoral candidate at the same institution. The study is conducted under a grant from the National Institute of Mental Health. A previous article describing the theoretical and methodological bases of that study, and reporting the findings of Violence Profile No. 7, appeared in the Spring 1976 issue of the Journal (1). This article presents the findings of monitoring and viewer studies conducted in the fall and winter of 1976–77 and brings the Violence Profile up to date. It is based on a larger report including methodological details and 71 tables (2). Copies are available for $12.50 each (checks to be made payable to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania).
TV Violence Profile No. 8: The Highlights
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2006
Journal of Communication
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 171–180, June 1977
How to Cite
Gerbner, G., Gross, L., Eleey, M. F., Jackson-Beeck, M., Jeffries-Fox, S. and Signorielli, N. (1977), TV Violence Profile No. 8: The Highlights. Journal of Communication, 27: 171–180. doi: 10.1111/j.1460-2466.1977.tb01845.x
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!