The authors thank Natalya Bazarova, Tracy Loh, Laura Bordon, Elizabeth Goulding, Anna Pearlstein, and Kathryn Wickham for their assistance in background and coding work. A portion of this research was presented at the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, January 2005. Correspondence concerning this article should be addressed to Joseph Walther, Department of Communication, Cornell University, 303 Kennedy Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853 USA.
The Rules of Virtual Groups: Trust, Liking, and Performance in Computer-Mediated Communication
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2006
Journal of Communication
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 828–846, December 2005
How to Cite
Walther, J. B. and Bunz, U. (2005), The Rules of Virtual Groups: Trust, Liking, and Performance in Computer-Mediated Communication. Journal of Communication, 55: 828–846. doi: 10.1111/j.1460-2466.2005.tb03025.x
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!